BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are some cool abandoned mines and or ghost towns within 3 hours driving from vancouver??

G

·
Beaverdale is way cooler,,,, My dad's friends grandfather got them going turn of century. Gold mines every where, some still have oar cart tracks in them, tools ect. Lots still as they left them, hard to find if you don't know were they are. Me & my GPW LIKE GOING UP THERE. If any one would like to go in Aug. let me now. Good logging roads, a couple mines are steep to get into. Most you can walk into. Beaverdell is 1 hr. SE of Kelowna. I have pic's, but will have to get them scanned. When I do, will post....Happy trails

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Kevin Schiewe said:
Beaverdale is way cooler,,,, My dad's friends grandfather got them going turn of century. Gold mines every where, some still have oar cart tracks in them, tools ect. Lots still as they left them, hard to find if you don't know were they are. Me & my GPW LIKE GOING UP THERE. If any one would like to go in Aug. let me now. Good logging roads, a couple mines are steep to get into. Most you can walk into. Beaverdell is 1 hr. SE of Kelowna. I have pic's, but will have to get them scanned. When I do, will post....Happy trails
If the timing of it works out I'm game.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Kevin Schiewe said:
I have pic's, but will have to get them scanned. When I do, will post....Happy trails
Kevin, please remember to post them. I'd love to see what you have up there.

...lars

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hell ya. I may be interested in something new. Where and when?

·
Registered
920 Posts
hey guys, i can make that spot easily... i dont know the area well but our S&R group has all the good spots marked in their GPS systems... i might be able to get some coords. wanna set up a date for a run out there sometime?

G

·
:welder Sorry for the delay,,,, I work repairing boat prop's so I'm really busy this time of year. The 11th Aug is best for me, or the 17th, if not maybe a day on Sept long. After that it's huntin' season... Once I get pic's scanned, I'll post. The mines up there are cool. Some shafts have shafts above, others are pits in the bush. Some even have doors on them to keep bears out. (some have rats in them) To go, bring good boots, pants, jacket & gloves. Some mines have up to 1 foot of water that is ice cold. lots are just above freezing inside, even in summer. Roads are good for stock veh's, to get to the best ones, it's a very steep hill (scidder trail) & a short walk (they took out a culvert) I use to have a key to the gate, but some SOB's winched the gate down so they changed the lock :angry But I found a skidder trail that gets around the main road. (They have the one road gated for liability reasons)There is also a Forestry Lokkout Tower you can walk up too, awsome veiw. Anyhow, typed too much. Let me know on this post if 11th will work. TTFN

G

·
Plannin' for Aug 11th. It's about 1hr. 40 mins. from Vernon. I will be at club meeting Wed. Aug 7th. We can plan a depart time then.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Call me at 549-7129 in the morning. Possibly going to Kamloops and wont be back untill 5pm. Then it is off to the racetrack for King of the Hill.

Sunday I will be at the local Andre`s Electronics for a car stereo competition.

e-mail should be [email protected]

You can try my cell 260-8878 but I rarely carry the POS.

G

·
Sorry guys, Aug. 11th is no good now, have to work, Aug 17th is the only day or else I'm free sept long!!! i will try to go to meeting in Vernon wed. but??? I have to re-build a warf besides do prop's this coming weeks. Work sucks!!!:angry

·
Registered
920 Posts
sounds good for me as well

G

·
Sorry guys, I can't make it on the 17th. I'm working again & I just bought a "new to me" truck this week & haven't had a chance to go over it yet. If you's still want to go, go to Beaverdell & turn left at the General Store. Follow that road up the mountain. Lots of switch backs. When the road levels off, there is a revine on the right, look down it & you'll see a 'tailing dump' building. On the left is a turn around with a mine shaft right there. Above it are about 5 other shafts with a huge hole con. them at the top. On the right side there is a shaft that goes under the road. After keep following the road till you get to a fork. on the right are so mine pits in the bush (be careful) and down the ingrown road are a couple of shafts. Take the main road left up to the Goat Mnt. tower.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts