BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hm. I think all older AX-5's came with 21 spline output shafts. D300 takes a 23 spline input shaft. I heard a rumor that new AX-5's were also 23, but I doubt that you've got a newer one if it's in a YJ. So the adaptor would be too pricey.

AX-15/D300 adaptor we do (along with a few others), but don't expect to see an AX-5/D300 adaptor for this reason.

--Rob

·
webwheeling...
1,475 Posts
NV 3550

23 splines and "should" bolt right up as the NP 231 and d 300 share the same spline / diameter shaft and bolt pattern. The only thing that might not work (for you) is how much it is clocked.

BTW Novak makes different splined inputs for the d 300, if you have the "stock" adapter (ie the mount) you may be able to just buy the input shaft. I paid just under $200 cdn (including shipping) for a 27 spline input shaft that allowed me to bolt the d 300 to a 700r4 the t case is clocked perfectly for my zuk. Novak's quality and service was the best I've seen.
:)

What I want to know is, are the NV 3550's the same in both Heeps and s10/s15 type trucks and SUV's (save of course the bellhousing, flywheel clutch etc...)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.