BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
1,269 Posts
PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES I want to see lots of PICTURES (when you get back that is)!

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Need someone to come along and wash the windshield for you?

Mike.

------------------
85 Flat deck toyota, chevy's, new frame, for sale.

·
Registered
145 Posts
everyone should be saying good luck. he is the bravest person i know. i now have a new hero. you should see the street tires he is driving down there on. i mounted and balanced these "things" for him and it's hard to consider them tires anymore. just ask lars. but hey they're not any better than my street tires, mine do have tread though. well have a safe trip, have fun and drink lots. also thanks for the bottle of tookillya, you guys still shouldn't have done that. we will definley have to wheel some rocks when we get back. adios pals.

steve

------------------
westcoast rockhuggers offroad club

·
1,269 Posts
Sounds like he's got some "competition slicks" going on?

------------------
I'd tell you about my truck but you probably wouldn't believe me.

·
Superfly
8,221 Posts
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
Sounds like he's got some "competition slicks" going on?
No. At least competition slicks are sticky. ;-)

Steve's right, Monzter is a real thrill seeker with those tires. But more importantly, he's going on a 2 week 'wheeling holiday and we're not. Lucky bastitch.

...lars

------------------
19911995409993004:144444.103512.58274

Join | BC4X4 | .com

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hola amigos

Yeeha what a blast, just got back an hour ago. Another fun filled trip full of roadside repairs and severe sleep deprivation. TDS was a blast, I suggest if you're ever down in south central California go check out the Salton Sea OHV park, and if you can, go during the desert safari definitly an experience worth repeating. I'll be going back next year hopefully towing my rig, that thing is expensive to feed.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Jarett:
Bring the truk back in one piece
Well its in one piece it just has few new pieces

Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
PICTURES PICTURES PICTURES I want to see lots of PICTURES (when you get back that is)!
They're coming, we have to get them out of the digital camera, tomorow probably

Originally posted by MEK:
Need someone to come along and wash the windshield for you?
Mike.
Hey, thanks for the offer Mike, but I had several volonteer at just about every stop light in Mexicali and Tijuana.

Originally posted by creeper:
everyone should be saying good luck. he is the bravest person i know. i now have a new hero. you should see the street tires he is driving down there on. i mounted and balanced these "things" for him and it's hard to consider them tires anymore. just ask lars. but hey they're not any better than my street tires, mine do have tread though. well have a safe trip, have fun and drink lots. also thanks for the bottle of tookillya, you guys still shouldn't have done that. we will definley have to wheel some rocks when we get back. adios pals.

steve
Ya, Dean Stuart told me when I bought them off him not to drive on those things, that was sound advice. I mounted them up and drove from my buddys shop in Coquitlam and couldnt get over 30kmh before the whole truck went into convolsions, and if I hit the slightest rut on the road it would shake so violently I had to come to a complete stop to get it to quit, so I bit the bullet and drove the whole trip on my swampers, and took one of the gumbos as a spare.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Welcome back!. Looking forward to seeing those pics

------------------
Coquitlam Crawlers
------------------
1974 Dodge W100 Power Wagon BROKEN :(
Looks beaten up but it's fun.
360 V8, TF-727, NP-205, D44 front, chrysler 8 3/4" rear with detroit locker
http://members.shaw.ca/jaretthumphrey

·
Chump
624 Posts
Originally posted by monzter:
Hola amigos
I suggest if you're ever down in south central California go check out the Salton Sea OHV park,
What can you tell me about this park? Near which major interstates? Terrain? Camping/RV parking near an entrance?

I leave on Thursday for a business trip to California and I am bring my bike (1990 DR350). I am going as far south as Tijuana (I have been told there is a neat show involving a donkey). I have to do some work stuff for 4 days but then I have a week to get back to BC. I am hitting Lark Canyon OHV park for sure (East of San Diego) and maybe the Sand Dunes in Oregon on the way back.

Any info on Salton Sea OHV park would be appreciated, especially pics! But I will search the net for some info as well.

JCD

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by Jordan:
What can you tell me about this park? Near which major interstates? Terrain? Camping/RV parking near an entrance?
Its right off interstate 86, the area is right next to the highway. The easiest way to get there from San Diego would be to take Hwy 8 east then 86 to salton City. The terrain consists of mostly packed sand hills and ravines with miles of trails weaving all through it, some cool hill climbs and some nice twisty tight sections. The area consists of three parks and has some of the best dirtbike riding around acording to a guy we were BSing with. I believe you can camp just about anywhere in the park, atleast you could at the event, there was also an RV park just down the highway.

Heres a couple examples of the terrain:

Heres a link to a crude map http://www.tds4x4.com/tds_safari/safari/map.html

[This message has been edited by monzter (edited March 10, 2002).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts