BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a such thing as aftermarket front disks to replace the stock ones on a 2000 Tracker (2.0L, 4DR, 4x4).

The stock disks have warped quite badly, and stopping from high speeds is getting prety shakey. I have read all over the internet that this is a common problem on 4cyl Vitara/Trackers, and that it will just happen again if I replace with factory parts. (but no one suggests an alternative)

Any suggestions?

:canadian

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brought it into a Chevy dealer yesterday, they said Chevy would not cover "Heat Dammaged" disks under warranty. I told them this occoured under normal driving conditions, and I am VERY easy on the breaks. (over 50% remaining of original front pads after 52,000km) That did not matter...if the disks are warped, it MUST be my fault... :angry

...well...back to the Suzuki shop, I have been giving all of my Chevy Tracker service/mantenence to a local Suzuki shop latley...who woulda thunk...a service department that goes out of their way to provide compitant service...and appreciates the buisiness I give them... :rolleyes:

:canadian

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Did you go to Burnaby Suzuki?
They are accustumed to dealing with refused GM warranties. I am a close friend with Henry, and a few years back I brought a buddy of mine Mark there with an obvious warranty alternator problem which GM refused to fix because they found evidence that he submerged his truck in mud. They were full of sh1t. I know he did not do that, but they insisted that because there were some mud chunks somwhere on the radiator the vehicle was evidently submerged.
But they did replace a battery that died because of a dead alternator. Go figure. No common sense what so ever!
It took weeks for him to call every customer satisfaction line in corporate GM (literally). He finly gave up after 1/2 hr conversation with a lady in Detroit, who had no real idea what she even talked about. Her job was simply to defuse an angry custumer. It was pathetic.
How can you even take a lady seriously when she argues that, now I quote:"vehicles only need alternators to run accesories and the battery charges itself" end quote.
We went to Burnuby Suzuki, I told Henry the story and he took care of it.
Same experiance as yours. Mark since sold his tracker and bought a G Vitara just for the warranty service peace of mind.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Never been to Burnaby Suzuki, but the same guy owns Orca Bay in PoCo, and those guys are just as great. Fortunately, the Zookie dealers can take the Tracker warranty claims as they are all built in the same Ingersoll CAMI plant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts