BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone was familiar with various aftermarket performance parts. My questions is regarding Chrysler's performance division, Mopar Performance. How do their products compare with other aftermarket companies in terms of quality, perfomance, durability, warranty, etc, etc,..?

For example, I just installed an aftermarket Gibson header into my XJ. Would it be better to have installed the Mopar performance header instead?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Reddy said:
I was wondering if anyone was familiar with various aftermarket performance parts. My questions is regarding Chrysler's performance division, Mopar Performance. How do their products compare with other aftermarket companies in terms of quality, perfomance, durability, warranty, etc, etc,..?

For example, I just installed an aftermarket Gibson header into my XJ. Would it be better to have installed the Mopar performance header instead?
Just FYI...MP doesn't make their stuff, it's mostly just other products that they put their name on. ;) Some things are cheaper than the regular aftermarket stuff, but they're the same. I seem to remember the MP cat-back and header being made by Borla or Gibson...I think it depended on the type of application. Sue me if I'm wrong on the brands...but they're just examples.

Their catalog usually makes mention whether it's someone else's product... FWIW though, I haven't heard anything bad about the MP stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts