BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody put airbags under a sammy? If so what bags did you use?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does any body know how I can get a hold of Ben? thanks alot.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the help in finding Ben Olson see ya around

·
Registered
392 Posts
With the quality of OTT's work, i wouldnt expect too much time from these boyz as busy as they are. Besides, he built that rig a while back when no one had answers to his problems........ just dont expect him to guide ya thru the whole process.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I do not expect him to guide me through the whole thing. basically I was just wondering ehat he used for bags etc. If he is too busy I'll do it myself. I do not want to be a bother. Ibuild everything else my self but sometimes a little insight saves alot of head aches. see ya around

·
Registered
112 Posts
hi kevin.... sorry I don't browse the boards very often ( that thing about being busy...)
anyways
the bags I used are firestone style 20's ( part # WO1 358 6910 )
they also make a 6911 that has a internal bump stop
they are rated at 2750 pounds each ( theoretically my 'lil ol suzuki could handle an axle-snapping 11,000 pounds!!!
but because I don't need to carry all that weight I moved the 'bags closer to the pivot point of my links in order to get more axle movement

p/s these bags are used in OTR tractor trailers as the lift bags for the braking tag axles ( the kind that drop down for heavy load trailers ) any big rig parts place will be able to get them ( canadian brake supply etc.....)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AIRZUKI Thanks for the info about the bags they are shorter than I expected but I see how they would work. There are no rocks around here but air bags will give me the flex that I need. I was wondering what you used for your air source andswhat kind of valving to control the bags. thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts