BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Rorschach said:
anyone know anybody or place that will recharge my r-12 a/c for me. or do i have to go to bellingham to get it done.
MIDAS does that as far as I know, when you find out lemme know as well 'cause the A/C in my Ranger doesn't work and I am pretty sure that I have R12 as well

:canada:

·
Registered
189 Posts
r-12

Richardson radiator 6050 196 langley

533-7600
took my wifes car in there with air conditioning problem and
(dale richardson) the owner diagnosed it and didn't charge for his time
he seemed to be pretty straight forward
that could be why his shop is always busy

yes he does r-12 which is still legal to use by
a licensed tech

·
Registered
200 Posts
R12 systems

R12 is no longer used as a refrigerant. It has been banned world wide. R22 is the next one, but it is no longer used for new systems. It is going to be comlpetely phased out in 2030. New systems are being installed with R134A, R404, R407A, or R410A. The R12 systems can be recharged but with either R134A or R22. They need to be flushed because of the mineral oils in the R12. Anyone want more info lemme know.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where do you live? I have r-12. It's a little pricey.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's is banned, R134A is the only warrantty approved refrigerant by both the manufactuers and those that rebuild the compressors.

Retrofit is not that big an issue, it involves finding the original leak, replacing the mineral oil with Ester oil, Changing the filter dryer to remove moisture, screwing new fittings on that are specific to R134A and recharging.

It is probably cheaper here than going south and at least you have a better/closer warrantty here.

G

·
the r 12a i was talking about is avalable from canadian brake in port kells it is suposed to be compatable with r 12 and 134 a . i hav enever used it just read the can

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.