BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has this cleaning the vac lines actually ever fixxed the problem for anyone thats tried it......i know every 4l does it but wut will stop the problem from getting to my air filter and put that oil where it belongs....back down in the oil pan

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yep, seen it do the trick on a number of Jeep including my 91 XJ.

For me it was a simple matter of replacing the CCV and the vent tubes.

On a buddy's 88 we had to Re&Re the valve cover and clean the CCV from the inside due to the amount of carbon sludge built up on the inside of the vents.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its not mine...my little brothers using my name on here...
but he just got a
88 cherokee.with all power options including leather...has the gold rims and stripes..has an alarm and sunroof...body is in almost perfect condition...but it is auto...:(
but i think for $1500 you cant go wrong....he hasnt decided weather to keep it yet...has 268000 kms
has to fix a few things and itll be ready to ride.

two of our friends do howver have cherokees with 4" lift but both need tires to go with it....

which rig do you have?? is xj 4door?? or ?? im not familier with the jeep names..
Ben

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
XJ is the Chrysler factory designation for any Cherokee. Just like the Wranglers can be a YJ or TJ.

I drive a Yellow TJ on 33s with a massive brush guard and Warn 8274 winch.

I sold my XJ last year to get a Liberty. It's blue with a silver grill.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i think i got it

i just had time to get a valve cover gasket after work and got it all together with the new air filter and there is no visible oil puking out of the front huge vac line....one question tho...wut is that line for.....dusnt suck on my jeep but is it suppose to?????seems to big to be able to......keep u posted after it is driven for a week or 2......gotta blow that carbon out to:D !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The rear line that goes to the intake is a suction vent to pull oil & gas vapors out of the valve cover and burn them.
The front one simply provides air as needed to replace the fumes that have been sucked out.

If the rear line is collapsed or blocked the vapors build up presure inside the valve cover, which then forces oil out the front "in" vent.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts