BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I the next month I would like to put an additional a/c compressor to be used as an air compressor in my XJ but keep the stock a/c operating.
I was going to custom make an airbox where the battery sat and move the battery to the other side to make room..
I was wondering what others have done so if you could let me know or send me a link to stuff you have seen on the net that would be appreciated.

Rob

------------------
'94 XJ - 3" RE lift, 31 Big O XT
'97 F250 HD 5" custom lift, 33" BFG AT

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey man if you can hold on for a few weeks I'll have all my stuff done with OBA and your exact situation...

In the meantime consider this: To fit a York compressor in on the XJ you'll need a double pulley on the engine that will allow you to set up a V belt to the York...and because of it's size you'll need to machine a 1/2" spacer for the fan to move forward...Your battery will not need to be moved...you can get a small spiral cell battery and turn it sideways...

I'll have more for you later if you can hold on. I'll post here when I have more info.

------------------
Phil M. - Kent, WA
95 XJ Sport w/Stuff
"Who cares about a list of crap, can you drive it?"

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I was hoping to use my same battery that I have. Brand new and a big sucker.

------------------

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

------------------

·
Registered
65 Posts
Originally posted by xjtank:
I the next month I would like to put an additional a/c compressor to be used as an air compressor in my XJ but keep the stock a/c operating.
I was going to custom make an airbox where the battery sat and move the battery to the other side to make room..
I was wondering what others have done so if you could let me know or send me a link to stuff you have seen on the net that would be appreciated.

Rob

try www.onboardair.com for some ideas

------------------
80 wagoneer
fiberglassed replaced rust
locked f and r
big fenderwells coutesy of rust and sawzall
more to come

1 - 5 of 5 Posts