BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Air Liquide beginners welding course

The date has now been set, sorry that I couldn't give more advance notice but the date had to be co-ordinated between 3 different people.

The date will be Saturday, Sept. 21, 2002. 10AM start time.

Course will take place at the Air Liquide main site in South Vancouver.

The course will comprise of the following :

1)Classroom MIG welding theory
2)Practical welding with instructor. Everyone will have plenty of opportunity to use the MIG, Stick and Spool gun welding equipment.

3)Hypertherm introduction to plasma cutting
4)Practical plasma cutting. Everyone will be able to use the Hypertherm plasma cutters.

We have added the plasma cutting section that wasn't available with the original course we had in June.

The previous course in June was put on for free by Air Liquide, this time they asked me if it would be Ok to charge a fee so that they can cover some of their expenses (instructor working on Saturday, steel and aluminum for welding and cost associated with running the welders). I agreed that they should be able to do so and I don't think anyone should be put off by this. The fee will be $20.00 . This is a bargain, KMS Tools does their intro to welding course for $35.00 for 3 hrs and no plasma cutting. This course will be about 4-5hrs long.

People who didn't get into the previous course will have priority to attend followed by those who posted to the previous thread. Everyone still needs to contact me though.

All you have to do is email me [email protected] and confirm that you are committed to attending the course. I will greatly appreciate that those who sign up are fully COMMITTED to attending. Don't bother signing up if you aren't going to show up, please don't waste my time.

Other than that I'm sure that everyone who attended the last time will tell you it was a very useful course and well done.

·
Got Arbutus?
1,269 Posts
Re: Air Liquide beginners welding course

what about the time??????

i want in on this one anyway

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
AWWW CRAP!!! I am going to be in Prince George for the convention that weekend. I guess I will be missing another course. :( Let me know if they decide to do another one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
ARGHHHH!!!

DAMN...not much advanced notice again... hmmm... maybe I can plan to be sick... ugghhh... I'll let you know asap... missed the last one...

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
10AM start time

Sorry forgot to post the time.

Course will start at 10AM.

What you should wear : Overalls if you have them, steel toe boots if you have them. If not jeans and long sleeves (something like a sweat shirt, no cuffs).

·
Registered
463 Posts
Have you got their address too Wil? Looks like Saturday's gonna be an early morning as I'm coming down from Whistler and anticipate getting lost a few times in the city as I always do. :D

·
Registered
175 Posts
Re: 10AM start time end time ????

Wil said:
Sorry forgot to post the time.

Course will start at 10AM.

What you should wear : Overalls if you have them, steel toe boots if you have them. If not jeans and long sleeves (something like a sweat shirt, no cuffs).
Need to know the time it end?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Panthino said:
Have you got their address too Wil? Looks like Saturday's gonna be an early morning as I'm coming down from Whistler and anticipate getting lost a few times in the city as I always do. :D
I smell 'convoy'

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Air Liquide

8390 Manitoba Street, Vancouver BC V5X 3A7

Course should be wrapped up by 3 or so.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can't go...I'm getting married @ 11am on the 21st...so I think I'd either begin to love welding, or get castrated by my fiancee and her parents for going to this thing instead of my own wedding. Damn. :(

Sorry...I think I'd love welding, but I already know I love my fiancee...Have fun people.

Cheers!

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nate, send me an email if you both are coming for sure.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Aw crap!! With all the wedding stuff going on, i won't be able to make it again. I sure hope there will be a next time!!:(

1 - 20 of 25 Posts