BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just wondering if anyone has used the spring hanger kit from Allpro offroad.. http://www.allprooffroad.com/solid4.html
Seems to make things pretty damn easy.. and much faster then it would take me to fabricate the bits myself (seeing how I'd have to learn how to weld a few hundred times better:D.)
If anyone knows anything about these kits please share some insight!
Also if you know of a kit that is made locally that is similar let me know. I'd rather keep the money in my own backyard;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
muddy_1 said:
I'm just wondering if anyone has used the spring hanger kit from Allpro offroad.. http://www.allprooffroad.com/solid4.html
Seems to make things pretty damn easy.. and much faster then it would take me to fabricate the bits myself (seeing how I'd have to learn how to weld a few hundred times better:D.)
If anyone knows anything about these kits please share some insight!
Also if you know of a kit that is made locally that is similar let me know. I'd rather keep the money in my own backyard;)
it would be cheaper to get someone to build you a hanger... hangers are soooooo simple..

·
Registered
37 Posts
I actually cut the front off another frame and welded it under ,works great.It also gave me lots of mounting holes for a winch bumper :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
I run the allpro kit....I picked it up in the states so shipping was cheaper... anyways its a great kit and it set up quick and easy.....
There is a lot of shops that have kits up here now so I won't get it from allpro..... I know TNS Suspension has a sweet kit... they are in langley somewhere..... 4offrd has hangers too.... look around .... everyone does it a lil different

·
Registered
373 Posts
Sorry I forgot to add..... BBP reminded me! I put a couple braces on my hanger to beef it up a bit.... They actually don't sell the one I have now cause of the problem and the new one looks better....

:*******

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well All-pro markets their kit well if nothing else :D they make it sound so easy. I'm going to see if a local guy can fab up some parts for me,just waiting for a reply from him...

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
its really easy to make one, as long as u have torches:D and a welder, i made mine out of 1/4" stock. mostly square tube so it made it easier. it cost me around 45$ and about 1 hour work so far, now i need to drill the holes, do some final grinding. and weld the thing together and it will never break unlike allpros old one.

·
Registered
136 Posts
muddy_1 said:
well All-pro markets their kit well if nothing else :D they make it sound so easy. I'm going to see if a local guy can fab up some parts for me,just waiting for a reply from him...
it is easy..... What are you gonna do for steering and suspensicon? you are doing a solid axle swap right?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Yeah ..or at least I'm going to try. :p
I guess the only thing I can do for steering and suspension for now is use the stock yota front springs,shackle thru frame..
still haven't figured out what shock mounts to use and I'm hoping that I'll be able to use the stock steering (from donor truck)
for the few weeks (month's) it will take to save a little more for high steer. for now I would be happy just to have a nice working swap to stock parts(and no IFS).. then I can go from there.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
are u planning on swapping a solid axle truck steering box onto your IFS one, then after swapping the IFS box to run hyseer:eek: wait till u can afford hysteer to do the swap. and get some 44044's. it will cost u a few grand to do a solid axle swap right.

look what Dan O's cost him. and he did all the work

http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7294

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
You have got to get x-over steering. There is no point in using the crappy push-pull stock solid axle steering. It is weak, drives like crap and doesn't flex very well. Use Ford shock mounts from an 88F-150. they are about 20 bucks each. The steering will be a pretty penny but you already have an IFS steering box so it will be an easy bolt on.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Your looking at a few grand to do the swap right. When you get your hanger made just remember from center of sping pack to center of spring pack is 29". Other than that you should have no problems in making it I made my own and have no welding experience. I bought the shackle tube kit from allpro(great buy) and took the hanger I made to a friend to weld on both items(tack weld only). Ithen went home and did the swap in about 2 full days. If you have any questions you can e-mail me for my phone number as other than the welding I did all the work myself.

·
Registered
544 Posts
burger said:
Your looking at a few grand to do the swap right. When you get your hanger made just remember from center of sping pack to center of spring pack is 29". Other than that you should have no problems in making it I made my own and have no welding experience. I bought the shackle tube kit from allpro(great buy) and took the hanger I made to a friend to weld on both items(tack weld only). Ithen went home and did the swap in about 2 full days. If you have any questions you can e-mail me for my phone number as other than the welding I did all the work myself.
you bought the shackle hangar kit also?I thought you were the guy I lent the jig to?if so do you still have it:D ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts