BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just when I thought that I was being wise and ridding myself of old parts that are merely taking up precious space. I decide to go out and buy more parts this time axles. I justify this by saying that I need a third with 4.10 gears in it but why then am I buying two complete axles from an 85. now how could I resist this deal I now will have five! spare birfields and four spare rear axles and a spare third how could I not afford this for two bills. Still I think for some reason that I am being stupid. please I need more reasons to buy these things help me before I back out.

·
Registered
39 Posts
oh jonny your not being stupid. i guarentee that in the future i will be the stupid one and by those parts off of you. anyhoo with the 350 you are guaranteed to at least break one axleshaft and one birfield in the next year. you can never have enough spare parts. stock up, half fun and drink Pepsi!

·
1,269 Posts
If you've got a 350 behind those axles then god help you you're going to need more than 5 spare birfs

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Yes Jon, you are a stupid man.
Now that we've cleared up that little matter on to the axles.
You will need all your axles.
Stackem up like cordwood baby, that 350's gonna be munchin on all your parts.
The only component that will survive is the TH350.
I could set you up with Cruiser diffs but you need a centered rear.
You better buy my mini front axle also.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs,1inch body, 35's, detroit locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts