BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my truck, one of the criteria I used was that it had to have a/c. When I bought it (98 Dakota Sport 5.2 4X4), the a/c seemed to work, and Dodge said it worked on the inspection (61,000kms when I got it in Feb).

Anyway, now it doesn't work. She is low on refrigerant (indicated by the pressure switch tripping the compressor into cycle rapidly). I am assuming I have a leak somewhere under the hood.

Does anyone know what this may cost to have fixed? And, would you recommend anywhere near Coquitlam that can do it for a reasonable price? Thanks!

·
Registered
363 Posts
i cant recomend any specific shop, but most larger shops deal with a/c. its basically impossible for anyone reading your post to diagnose it or give you even a rough idea of the cost. if it is a leak, it could be anything from a $2 o-ring to a $300 condenser.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I do not know how much this helps you but we have a 97 F-150 and we had a little hole in one of the coolant hoses, seems inoccent enough right,,,,,, wrong, 300 for just the hose, another close to 200 to get the system charged back up, quite stupid for one little hose that probaly cost about 10 bucks to make,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jeremy said:
i cant recomend any specific shop, but most larger shops deal with a/c. its basically impossible for anyone reading your post to diagnose it or give you even a rough idea of the cost. if it is a leak, it could be anything from a $2 o-ring to a $300 condenser.
Yes, I could have guessed that on my own. I was looking for somebody who had perhaps had a similar problem, such as the helpful post below that explains a similar situation. Somebody like this is able to give me a rough idea of the cost to repair a leak in the ac system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts