BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how do i get the emision maintanance light on my dash to go out? its a 1989 cheroke ltd ..i changed the oxygen sensor but the light is still on....???
:confused:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Break it!!!:D

No really i think there is a dealer thing in the computer that they turn it off with.

·
Registered
129 Posts
That little light comes on as a reminder to change your oxygen sensor. You should change it or at least check it to make sure it works properly. A bad O2 will hinder performance and fuel economy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
emissions light

That light is designed to come on at a certain milage/km....
Under the dash near your right knee cap there will be a clear box containing a gear set... this is your emissions timer thats set to go off somewhere near 80,000 miles I think. Pull its plug and continue on your way.... don't worry, soon you will forget it ever existed. No it can't be reset, it must be replaced, once you take care of the most likly needless maintainance schedule (O2 Sensor New emissions timer) and probably a whole plethora of other redundant crapolla!
Or... open up your dash and just pull that light bulb out, if you do it this way you can change any of the other burnt bulbs while you have it open.
******* repairs often recommend a FBH a Prybar and the usual afternoon helper (beer n bud):clown

1 - 5 of 5 Posts