BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so apparently no one has a crown gear for a 5.13 gear set they wanna sell.. so i suppose i hafta go look for em else where... are there shops that sell just the crown gear?
where would i hafta go in order to complete my gear set?

------------------
Almost stock.. few mods.. and an alarm system so good, it'll blow your head off, oh no wait.. thats me with a saw'd off
;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
You can not just replace the ring gear. You have to replace the gears as a set. Your ring gear has to match your pinion, especially if you are using used gears.

HTH

------------------
87 Samurai, 92 fuel injected 1.6 ltr.,s.o.a., 5.13 r/p, birfield rings, 2" exhaust, 32/11.5 mud kings, breeze steering and missing links, 5012 up front with custom towers, toyota mr-2 seats, breeze trac bar, custom rock sliders and still going.

Click here to make money for listening to music !!

[This message has been edited by Brett (edited November 20, 2001).]

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good call.. but if i wanted a crown gear.. and lets say i buy the pinion too.. where could i go to get them?

------------------
Almost stock.. few mods.. and an alarm system so good, it'll blow your head off, oh no wait.. thats me with a saw'd off
;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Originally posted by SlickSammy:
good call.. but if i wanted a crown gear.. and lets say i buy the pinion too.. where could i go to get them?

Try Ron on this board. I think he has some 3rd members for sale. If he has sold them, he still will know where to find another for you. If I lived on the mainland still, I would have helped you out.

------------------
87 Samurai, 92 fuel injected 1.6 ltr.,s.o.a., 5.13 r/p, birfield rings, 2" exhaust, 32/11.5 mud kings, breeze steering and missing links, 5012 up front with custom towers, toyota mr-2 seats, breeze trac bar, custom rock sliders and still going.

Click here to make money for listening to music !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts