BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into two types of lifts but want to see if anyone has pros or cos on either to weigh out what lift I am going to get.

Calmini does a 5" lift using 3" springs and then uses a shackle reversal system to get it up to 5" will be starting with 31" tires but would like to go up to a 32" or 33" so I am just worried about chewing up my tires on the claws of the shackles I have read about on a site or two.

Or I was looking into the YJ Wrangler lift from Trail Tough that will give me 6.5" lift with a Spoa type lift.

Any recommendations or why not to get one type??

·
Registered
525 Posts
Phone Breeze Industries,in Pt. Coq. they build Spoa setups and just about everything for wheeling a samurai, my truck is pretty much a rolling Breeze advertisement lol, but they are good and they really know their stuff. Talk to Sue, she'll set you straight.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Phone Breeze Industries,in Pt. Coq. they build Spoa setups and just about everything for wheeling a samurai, my truck is pretty much a rolling Breeze advertisement lol, but they are good and they really know their stuff. Talk to Sue, she'll set you straight.
Breeze knows it stuff I secound that, my old sammi back in the 90s was breeze built

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had the calmini kit in my last sammy and a SPOA in the one before that. The shackle rev. kit gave me a lift but I really did not like the look of the kit afterwards, the mounts hang down a fare ways. If I was to do it again I would do a SPOA again
Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
406 Posts
i have never heard a good word about calmini. If you dont believe me phone their customer service number and ask some questions, the dude will call you an idiot or worse within 5 minutes

·
Registered
296 Posts
Shackle reversal was not designed for the street in such a short wheel base truck. I bought mine with it in and was a nightmare to drive on the street, off road was a different story. If you plan on driving it to the trail i would stay a long ways away from reversal. I used the rocky road yj kit for the front and made my own for the rear, i had no issues dealing with rocky road and the kit was for the most part easy to install. Every manufacturer you talk to will bad mouth the other, calnini says rocky road is junk, rockey road says calnin is junk and Breeze says both are junk. I have never used calnin so cant say, rockey road was a little on the expensive side and breeze is still old school, the only way you are going to find out is to take a chance on what YOU think is the best for you. With the yjs on all four corners and still sprung under i cleared 31's with no problem.

My 2 pennies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.