BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And will you modify it or keep it stock?

Mine will get my 8274 winch, side bars, and 33s right away.

·
Silverback
1,270 Posts
Hey, good for you! Congrats!

I can't wait to see it - Solar Yellow? Now you're really going to be able to get yourself into trouble. ;) (ergo, the winch, eh?)

What's the delivery date?

·
Registered
26 Posts
From what I have been reading on jeepsunlimited they are going to be about $30k us dollers and DC is only making about 8.000 Rubicons a year so I will be amazed to see any of them sold up here.I have taked to a few dealers here and the sales men did not no any thing about the rubicon they didn't even no what it was. Chris are you sure your dealer can realy get you one.All so read that the lockers are crap and they wont warrenty the lockers with tires bigger the 31". check out http://www.jeepunlimited.com/forums...showresults&searchid=39784&sortby=&sortorder=

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pricing has not been set.

According to a souce I believe a base Rubicon will be priced about the same as a base Sahara, but of course it will not have all the Sahara goodies. This would make a base Rubicon $28,000 and one with a decent option load around $30,000.

Your salesman did not know anything about the products they sell. Hmmm. Big surprise there. :rolleyes:

There are only a limited number of Rubicons, and as I understand it the first production run has already completely sold out. Orders were open on Tuesday last week and closed on Friday the same week. I have an order confirmation sheet pinned to my wall that specifically says TJ Rubicon. I also watched the sales manager as the computer asked him to specify between SE, Sport, Sahara or Rubicon packages.

As for the lockers, there has been a lot of flack over them, but aparantly they have been in widespread use in europe and asia for years with no problems, and DC tested them extensively. Americans just don't like anything they haven't beat on and broken themselves. If I didn't trust my service manager I would be worried, but my dealer has never hesitated to do warranty work when required.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
So you signed up without a price???? Isnt that kind of risky leaving it wide open like that? What if it comes in at $63000? Are you stuck buying it? :D

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dan said:
So you signed up without a price???? Isnt that kind of risky leaving it wide open like that? What if it comes in at $63000? Are you stuck buying it? :D
No I am not stuck buying it. I dealt with the sales manager in person. He told me to order whatever options I wanted with no down payment or promises. If I want the rig it's mine. If I don't want it they will put it in the showroom and use it as a "draw" in their advertising. If I don't take it they might still put a lift and 33s on it.

I also trust this dealer not to play games and put a specialty vehicle mark up on it. I've already bought 3 Jeeps and 2 cars from them. Kinda rediculous actually. This will be my 6th Jeep and my 10th Chrysler product. 11 if you count an AMC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts