BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I mean to say in the topic can someone mig my exhaust pipes.

This may sound ridiculous, but I work in a shop with a miller mig and boss on at least three times will not allow me to mig my exaust even though I will mig other vehicles. I built a bracket and bent a 1/2 rod as a hanger and migged it so need to finish another one. It can be stone dead in my shop for house and keeps preventing me from spending what, 20 min to finish a muffler that keeps coming out of the ubolts?

Surrey to vancouver would be fine or if your between Richmond and surrey.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
when I had that problem with my old boss I just booked my vehicle in for service and paid the bill. Sure I was paying to work on it myself, but I was also getting paid to work o it. Can't you do the same thing?

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
After the last customer left I just drove my truck up the lift and went to welding ;) It was only a hour left before we had to leave.

I HAD to weld this muffler on. He the boss, would not allow me to weld it last Saturday and it worked it way loss from the u-bolt clamps. Did not see this till I went to take off the pipe at work and found my muffler disconnected at one end and dropping down withing three inches of the ground.

I am using a miller xp130. My welding skills are a little rough, or the settings are not correct. What should be the settings for this welder for welding exhaust pipe to pipe? And the new thick 1/4 inch flange to pipe?

Is there a light that is bright enough to see the surface before the start of the weld or is a new helmet good enough?

Crazy, could come over some time. One the muffler issue is over, will need to cut out part of my frame and weld in a patch. Fun never ends on my truck :)

·
Registered
661 Posts
Welding has a lot to do with cleaning the parts to be welded and fitment. If your exhaust is dirty and rusty or aluminum coated you will have a very rough time even if the setting are right. There should be a chart somewhere on the welder or inside the door that has suggested setting per material thickness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.