BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the cost and if theres a good place to buy those cemnt retaining wall blocks. Looking for the ones with the flat top as I am only going one course high/ I know they used to be really cheap. Anyone know what they are worth now a days?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Its not the blocks that are pricey its delivery.
Hubby works for rempel bros. they sell them, good guy to talk to is phil in dispatch.
He was saying you can buy rejects for pretty cheap. lol

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
k thanks ill check into it. Ill pick em up... I got a rig that I can use.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
then you have to figure out how to get them back off your vehicle or trailer and placed where you want them. if where you want them can be reached by the deliviery trucks crane you might be better to have them delivered.

·
Registered
4,970 Posts
i know a guy that recently bought a bunch recently and had them delivered. he shopped around and a place in richmond was the best price for some reason.

i think it was united lock-block but i'm not sure. there is a bunch of those places on mitchell island and in richmond but it's quite a drive from mission with a rig.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill shop around and see. Im just going to have them dropped in my front yard. i got a hiab so moving them around is no bid deal.

·
Registered
122 Posts
hi
i am on the Island, they are about 1 cubic yard onf concrete, most places have moulds that they dump there excess concrete in making the lock blocks. Usually $65 per block & up, depending on qaulity. They weight 4200 lbs each, a large backhoe will lift them. Use lift rated straps or chain to handle them and execise caution. A few blocks... get a stinger/picker truck and then you can place them at the same time

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.