BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
And if by any chance you have a second pair-I would like them!
They seem pretty hard to get in good shape when there used but you never know. New they are about $175-$200 bucks for a set-pretty pricey for some plastic.
Brett

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
1,269 Posts
$200 for front and rear fender flares? That's pretty damn cheap man.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
802 Posts
"Cheap" is a relative term. Fibreglass and plastic flares will crack when hit, ask MEK. Last week I went to Russell Truck in New West and bought a 20' roll of their black rubber fender flare material; it's 2.5" wide and flexes fine. This is the same stuff they use when they make a utility box for a cab & chassis. Cut to fit, screwed them to the inner lip, and had a few extra feet left over. Total cost around $80 incl the screws from Home Depot. They look pretty good; remind me of CJ flares. I watched a tree branch snag one, totally deform it, and no problem. Sorry, no pics yet.

------------------
Greg Sue
85 Toyota X-cab
http://media-north.com/4wd/

·
Registered
140 Posts
Gregs' look really good, I just saw them last night. A lot cheeper than most flares. I might be doing the same.

·
1,269 Posts
I'd be interested to see how they look, I wanted bushwackers but I wouldn't want to spend the cash on something that will probably get toasted.

------------------

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Greg,

Looks like a few of us would REALLY appreciate it if you could post pics of your custom flare work when they become available.

Cheers.

C

·
1,269 Posts
So then we can all copy them
And then we can all drive our trucks into the river in our best imitation of the post-iceberg titanic

------------------

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was meaning for a pair-a set of front ones.
Iam also interested in these make-at-home flares so Greg post a pic or two when you get a chance.
Thanks Brett

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
Registered
802 Posts
I can't post pics right away because my Digital Elph is in the shop getting a new CF door under warranty (apparently I'm too rough on it; maybe I shouldn't fall down mines). However, I'll have a digital SLR on Saturday because I'm heading up to Brackendale to photograph eagles (80-200 f2.8, plus camera multiplier!) so I'll take a couple pics then and will post when I get back.

And if you guys want to check out that little creek, I'd be happy to take a small group of Toyotas out there. Maybe your new flares will help stabilize your trucks while under floatation.

------------------
Greg Sue
85 Toyota X-cab

·
Registered
34 Posts
Greg, are those like the one's on my truck, i only paid $10.00 for all 4 rubber ones, from the wrecker's off a chev, you can allmost see them on my truck, in the december issue magazine - 4WD (can4x4), i have screws every 2" to hold them in and i hit lot's of stuff and thay havent come off yet.
Robb

------------------
85' lime green toy

·
1,269 Posts
I shudder to think of what happens to my truck the day I try that.

------------------

·
Registered
802 Posts
Yeah, I have 24 screws on each flare. The Home Depot 100-pack leaves you a couple spares for when you drop one and can't find it.

This material is slightly different than yours; if I remember yours is flat rubber? Mine has a slight down-turn along the outside edge, and a little moulding thing that butts against the fender edge. Fancy, huh?
I like your price better though!

------------------
Greg Sue
85 Toyota X-cab

1 - 15 of 15 Posts