BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone herd ofa toyota 3a wngine and if so what did it come out of and would it go int a toyota pick up ?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Originally posted by wannabetoydriver:
anyone herd ofa toyota 3a wngine and if so what did it come out of and would it go int a toyota pick up ?

First its best to know if its diesel or gas but if its gas then,,,
It think that the 3a's were in the old style early 80's Tercels.. If im correct then that engine would be a 1.5l Way to samll to put in truck..
Correct me if Im wrong.
thats what i think its from..
ben

------------------
77 landcruiser 4SPEED
slow and steady wins the race
Toyotas Rock!!! though they are made with rotten metal.. anyway they still rock...!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
thanx for the help man would you know if the carb off of it would fit on the 22r
?
I would have no clue on that,,, It l probably be a different bore because its a smaller block than the 22r....Never know until you try though i guess.....My guess is no though.....Hope i giving true information...Its probably best to get a second opinion..
Ben

------------------
77 landcruiser 4SPEED
Toyotas Rock!!! though they are made with rotten metal.. anyway they still rock...!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanx man your prolly right would you know how muihc id be looking at spending on a new or used car for the 22r ?
Marc

·
Registered
59 Posts
thanx man your prolly right would you know how muihc id be looking at spending on a new or used car for the 22r ?
Marc

Carbs are really cheap. If you have one already a rebuild kit is probably $40 or so.
Check the board for adds regarding 22r parts for sale, otherwise the wreckers would be your best bet...Cant say what they would charge. Probably in the same range $40-60 ???
hope this helps
Ben

------------------
77 landcruiser 4SPEED

·
Registered
574 Posts
thanx for the help man would you know if the carb off of it would fit on the 22r
?
The only part from a tercel that will fit on a 4x4 is the rear marker lights. Everything else is different.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts