BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone running one of these set-ups? i wanna compare my plan to someone elses.. i want to do something like desertoys from Pirate..

looks like this

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
unlimited flex...

·
1,269 Posts
If mike c from here would ever get around to emailing me his pics of his 1/4e rear you could check out his sweet cheater 4 link..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BBP said:
If mike c from here would ever get around to emailing me his pics of his 1/4e rear you could check out his sweet cheater 4 link..
Cheater? what does that mean? im doin this right, i dont want no 2x4 wood plank links.. :******* hahaa

·
Registered
135 Posts
BBP said:
Pete I try to e-mail but it will not work. I will give you a call I'll give the pic to you.:D

·
1,269 Posts
Brandon - the links on top of Mike's diff are combined into one with a large greasable bolt, technically making it a 3 link, and eliminating the chance of the top 2 links binding like in the setup you posted above. It's difficult to explain, I'll get the pic off Mike and show you.

Mike - Give me the pic so I can show Brandon. :laugh Call me anytime dude.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I understand.

·
1,269 Posts
I don't believe you! After seeing how slow you island boys are in person I felt the need to go that extra mile and get you pictures!!! :laugh (actually Mike came over here and gave them to me but hey):

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
look at what i am doing.. the whole thing is Triangulated, NO REAR STEER.. how much Rear steer does Mike C get with that set-up?

·
Registered
135 Posts
D.O.A said:
look at what i am doing.. the whole thing is Triangulated, NO REAR STEER.. how much Rear steer does Mike C get with that set-up?
I have no rear steer with that setup. I have not play around to much at all but so far it is a awsome setup.

·
Registered
387 Posts
what is the diffrence between that and a 1/4 eliptical? the spring and??
it looks kind of similar, or am i an idiot?
that looks like it what be kind of flexy, what are you running up front? waggys, shackles???
looks sweet!

·
Registered
135 Posts
mudrunner said:
what is the diffrence between that and a 1/4 eliptical? the spring and??
it looks kind of similar, or am i an idiot?
that looks like it what be kind of flexy, what are you running up front? waggys, shackles???
looks sweet!
That is 1/4 eliptical.:D It is a realy flexy, I might have to get 4 more 9012 all the way around. I am running rear toyota 2wd main with a couple other leafs.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
mike c said:

I have no rear steer with that setup. I have no play are to much but so far it is a awsome setup.
I call bull ****. :rolleyes:

I'm willing to bet you've got lots of rear steer. My 1/4 elliptical is almost identical to yours (right down to the way the top link is setup). I've got rear steer :D

Rear steer is pretty much a sure thing given the design we used. The straight bottom links will force rear steer unless you make them really really long. If you haven't figured this out yet, you either don't know what rear steer is or you haven't run your truck up a ramp.

You are right about it working well though. I can ramp over 1000 without disconnecting the swaybar :D

·
Registered
135 Posts
jeeponrock said:

I call bull ****. :rolleyes:

I'm willing to bet you've got lots of rear steer. My 1/4 elliptical is almost identical to yours (right down to the way the top link is setup). I've got rear steer :D

Rear steer is pretty much a sure thing given the design we used. The straight bottom links will force rear steer unless you make them really really long. If you haven't figured this out yet, you either don't know what rear steer is or you haven't run your truck up a ramp.

You are right about it working well though. I can ramp over 1000 without disconnecting the swaybar :D
I have not been on a ramp. I have not flex my truck out because I have to do some cutting first. You are run a sway bar? Do you have pic? I have some body role.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
mike c said:

I have not been on a ramp. I have not flex my truck out because I have to do some cutting first. You are run a sway bar? Do you have pic? I have some body role.
If you'd like you can run it up the ramp at my place. I've got a 20/30 degree ramp you're welcome to use.

I run a front sway bar on the road but I disconnect it for the trail. I don't get much for body roll on the trail (used to with the original setup but it's fixed now).

I haven't got any recent pics scanned in but this shot shows some of the links..

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
You won't notice the rear steer until you ramp it or flex it up on the trail. I don't mind it but it does feel a tad odd to feel the rear walking around over some bumps. You can feel it shift side to side as the suspension flexes to one side then the other.

You can see in this shot that the rear axle has moved forward as the suspension drops away from the truck.

·
Registered
135 Posts
jeeponrock said:

If you'd like you can run it up the ramp at my place. I've got a 20/30 degree ramp you're welcome to use.

I run a front sway bar on the road but I disconnect it for the trail. I don't get much for body roll on the trail (used to with the original setup but it's fixed now).

I haven't got any recent pics scanned in but this shot shows some of the links..
Give me a call, I want to test it out 604-308-8977. Thanx, That is crazy flex:D

·
1,269 Posts
D.O.A said:
Sorry Brandon I was having a jinglepot moment and forgot the bottom links need to be inboarded too. :rolleyes:

anthonyh said:
That is a 3-link.
That's what I said. :D If the top two links were seperate would it not be a 4-link though?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.