BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started getting a drive line vib last week and it got worse and worse. I checked the U joints and they were fine. Stopped by my friends garage and they couldn't find anything wrong. So, I thought I had bent my drive shaft again. I'm driving back home on the highway and the vibs caused the catilitic converter covers to shake right off. All the sudden I hear metal grinding. I looked out my rear view mirror to see sparks flying every where and all the cars behind me swerving all over the place to avoid the covers. It was actually pretty funny. Anyway, I got home and got back under my truck, and finally see the problem. The four bolts that hold the front of my drive shaft to the transmission were all loose and one of them was gone. I couldn't believe that we had missed that! Feeling dumb right now.

------------------
----------------
Crack
92 Ranger 6" lift 31s
Slamming the gas can get you over almost anything, the question is, can you keep going after

·
Registered
583 Posts
Originally posted by Crack:
I started getting a drive line vib last week and it got worse and worse. I checked the U joints and they were fine. Stopped by my friends garage and they couldn't find anything wrong. Anyway, I got home and got back under my truck, and finally see the problem. The four bolts that hold the front of my drive shaft to the transmission were all loose and one of them was gone. I couldn't believe that we had missed that! Feeling dumb right now.

I had the same thing happen last month but thought it was my rearend growling at me. Luckily I caught it before any bolts fell out or damage was done.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts