BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well thats number 4... 4th bent/broken idler arm. I've gone through 2 toyota ones (the one it came with, and one I got from Capt' Crunch for $20)... Then I picked up the Canuck tire lifetime waranty one for $130... It died, got it replaced, and it died...

A few months back when I had my truck aligned they told me the outter TREs were dead (true) so I replaced them with some MOOG ones. Sooo today when I'm replacing my idler arm i am disgusted to find that the one MOOG TRE is broken/worn out 4 or 5 times worse then the toyota ones I replaced...

NOT IMPRESSED... I want a solid axle!!

(and no my T-bars are not cranked all to hell either I have a pro-comp lift both front and back, no need for cranked t-bars... and yes I know about the downey idler arm brace etc etc... I'm just ranting here...)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Goat said:
SAS!!! Just do it!!!!!!!
Randy, sell me your axle...

I'm so sick of fixing and tightening and re-fixing and re-tightening... oh and the articulation thing would be good too :D

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
This is one benifit of a solid axle that hardly gets mentioned, increased durability of components.
And extra articulation doesn't hurt either.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, Ive seen the MOOG TRE's wear out really fast on a lifted IFS vehicle... My brother has it on his 85 Nissan and he kept wearing out the MOOG's and having the ball come out on a trail. He replaced them four times under the lifetime warranty they have... now they refuse saying he's not stock so he's causing undue wear and tear on em.

Russ

·
Registered
222 Posts
Dont you run 35's? All my front end parts wear out with the stock 31's. Its a car front end and isn't meant to go off-road. So far I get about one year out of all these CT lifetime warranty parts. Even if you do get the parts for free it still sucks cause you have to supply all the labour again.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Dont you hate the idler arm problems?

I think its number 6 in the truck now.Thank the gods for that Canadian Tire lifetime warranty.

I found out the biggest problem was the blown splines on my rag joint. Allowed the steering to wander and the idler arm to wear out.

Now I havent had a problem with the idler since replacing the rag joint.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
chris said:
Dont you run 35's? All my front end parts wear out with the stock 31's. Its a car front end and isn't meant to go off-road. So far I get about one year out of all these CT lifetime warranty parts. Even if you do get the parts for free it still sucks cause you have to supply all the labour again.
Yeah, I'm running 35s.

Lordco gave me a new TRE (but the guy was a total ******* "how do you know that its worn out/broken"... "no, that a ball joint problem")

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Toyrantula said:
Dont you hate the idler arm problems?

Now I havent had a problem with the idler since replacing the rag joint.
Ya man, I'm pretty sour about the idler arm thing... $1300 set of tires and they've been beat on buy the stupid ifs front end always getting out of wack.

what is a rag joint??

·
Registered
222 Posts
Yup the lordco people arent so good about returns. I find the little blonde girl at CT takes all my parts back no questions asked. LOL. (whats this part again? and it does what)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts