BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey Matt(or Rick)
when you moved your gas tank to accross the frame rails how much higher does it have to be?I know it has to clear the drive shaft but do you think I could still fit the box over it?and still use the stock fuel door with a longer hose?
when I do it i'm dropping to a 1" body lift so I will have little room but not much

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey Dan, I mounted my tank above the framerails, approx 4" back from the cab, it sits 9" at the closest point to my driveshaft, the tank doesn't fit between the rails unless you chop the edges like rick did on his.You should talk to him to see where the top of his tank sits, mine is too high for a box I think, I don't have my box here or I could measure it for you. Also I want to change the position of my filler hose to the side. If you did this you might be able to use your stock filler door. later, Matt:)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dan O

I had to move my gas tank across the frame rails like that so my three link would clear. Mike P is doing my work he also did stubbytoy. There is no way you can keep it under the box. I have to put mine right inside my box. I am going to use the stock tank a get a box build around it. My filler is going to be on top of the tank, the stock filler is too low. I will keep that stock one for aircare.:D

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dam

thanks mike. I guess I'm going to be cutting into the cab and sliding it forward

·
Registered
300 Posts
Dan, don't get sad yet, check the measurements. The highest part of my tank is 4" above the box mounts on the frame, i think you could get that to 2.5-3" with some minor trimming. If you have a 1" body lift what does that leave ya? As far as the filler goes it should work if you weld it on the end of the tank but check with bigbird he just did this, he might have some pics.:)
My tank actually has to drop too because the mounts mike p made for me are on an angle and i lost fuel capacity, but nothing that a BFH won't fix:D :D :D

Ya I have some more pics of the buildup, but none specific to the gas tank, I can dig them up if you want, BBP...

Matt

·
Registered
398 Posts
what thw heck are you doing. hehe i moved my filler tube on my gastank, it looks like it will work ok, i havent filled her yet. this weekend i will give her a try

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hey Dan O, I just went and measure my box, theres 2" to the floor, if you cut some of the crossmember out ,the tank should fit under there I think:confused: its gotta be easier than cutting your cab

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
good stuff,thanks Matt

Rick,did you move the filler tube your self?are you talking about the metal spout on the tank or did you just get a longer piece of hose?

·
Registered
398 Posts
i had a guy at work cut and reweld it in a new place. looks good.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts