·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my PS plate from Dave Very BEEFY!!! thanks for the hook-up man

------------------
jeeps are for girls...
....cute ones!!
79 FJ cocked,locked and ready to unload!!!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I heard the price went up, sorry about that, mine's a few years old.
And it is one beefy piece.
Are you running gas or diesel?
I know the easy way to mount a pump on a gas motor.
Do you have double pulleys?

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yup..... 2f with double pullys. tell me

------------------
jeeps are for girls...
....cute ones!!

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
You need the smog pump bracket that sometimes comes on these engines.
It's located on the bottom of the block,drivers side.
Get a piece of 4 inch u-channel, mild steel thin walled stuff, at least 2 inches deep.
Cut a 3 inch piece off and drill mounting holes.
Turn in so the U is up...l_l
The first hole is down towards the block, so that you can pass a long bolt through the channel and the smog pump mount.
The second hole is up towards the outside corner, this is where another long bolt will go through the channel and the mini truck pump. You will need to put a 3/8 spacer in front of the pump.
The pump will line up with the inner groove on the pulleys perfectly.
I used an old alternator adjusting bracket on top to the water pump, you will need another spacer there. You can use anything but you will need a longer bolt.
This probably sounds very confusing, but it takes all of an hour to fab it up. And it's very solid,you can hardly tell it wasn't put there by the factory.
Hope this helps, if it sounds impossible I might be able to con a friend to take a digital pic and send it to you.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
1,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
send me some pics if you can

Thanks Dan

------------------
jeeps are for girls...
....cute ones!!

·
Registered
163 Posts
I'm using the stock pump from a bj60 to run my saginaw setup.(usual 4bolt4turn)
the pump was already mounted to the 3b I'm using so figgered I'd hook it up to see what would happen. works great.
possible you could find a fj60 pump and bracket that would bolt straight on.
but then , it probably wouldn't be nearly as cheap as just hooking up the saginaw pump.
anyways, just a thought.
cheers,
ryan

------------------
nothin that works

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I will borrow a digital camers and take some pics for you this week.
Are you using the mini truck pump though?

------------------

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Dan is your alternator still on the left side down low, because you will have to move it to the upper passenger side, beside the battery.
The pump will now be mounted there. The alt stays nicely out of the mud and water this way, and you can use a stock 75 bracket to mount it.

------------------

1 - 8 of 8 Posts