BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't post on the other board, so I'll do it here. Goto a bike shop, or snag an old bike. You want to get a "friction thumb shifter". You can mount this on your shift column and use it for control of engine speed. You can go to a bike shop and get a new shift cable and housing for it. Plumb this throught the truck and tie into your Cruise control cable near where it connects to the engine.

If you need more description or have trouble finding the parts, let me know, I most likely have a few spares hanging around

------------------
Tim
[email protected]
Far East 4x4
'95 Nissan P/U
'87 Range Rover

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
I did the same thing in my heep. Works great! I think it set me back about $8...

------------------
Jon B.
'82 CJ7 Some mods.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have all the bit's & pieces and know how to run a sencondary throttle, but I want to know what's inside that canister/housing that the cruise control cable enters? I never use mu cruise control, so I was thinking of using it's OEM set-up instead. I'll still have to link it from where ever the end of the cuise cable is, to my shifter lever, but I don't know if there is a nub-end inside that housing or not. Basically I just want to know if anyone has already ripped that canister/housing apart yet?

Originally posted by devinchi:
I can't post on the other board, so I'll do it here. Goto a bike shop, or snag an old bike. You want to get a "friction thumb shifter". You can mount this on your shift column and use it for control of engine speed. You can go to a bike shop and get a new shift cable and housing for it. Plumb this throught the truck and tie into your Cruise control cable near where it connects to the engine.

If you need more description or have trouble finding the parts, let me know, I most likely have a few spares hanging around

------------------
My other ride is your Mom!

[This message has been edited by TheAntiChris (edited November 30, 2000).]

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Originally posted by devinchi:
I can't post on the other board, so I'll do it here.

What other board and why can't you post there?

·
Registered
69 Posts
It's the ORC BBS Devinchi's talking about, I along with a bunch of other's couldn't post/reply only read and navigate for about 2 weeks, Devinchi is still having problems although every so often he finds a window and can post one or two, then it closes on him again.

Originally posted by Wil:

What other board and why can't you post there?

------------------
My other ride is your Mom!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It is horribly annoying as I have nearly 900 posts on that board. I would have 10 or so posts a day, and I have posted about 15 times in the past month and a half. I know that lots of people had troubles, I saw similar posts on the ORC toyota board. It apparently all stems from them switching servers. So I will just have to live with it till I get mine upi and running

------------------
Tim
[email protected]
Far East 4x4
'95 Nissan P/U
'87 Range Rover

1 - 6 of 6 Posts