BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Jon,
Well after a long delay the money was deposited directly into your account today. Sorry about how long it took and thanks for the engine and all your help and patience,
Sorry and thanks again,
Brett
ps-the engine seems to be running fairly well-it needs a new distributor and some plugs(rough idle)-it may be leaking oil(any idea were that could be coming from?)other then those things it seems good.

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED-

·
Registered
56 Posts
as far as the oil leak goes the only thing I can think of would be the front seal. I did plugs and wires on it when I got it but that was two years ago so it might be time for some new plugs. if you still have your old motor I might try to switch carbs to fix the rough idle. but thats all I can think of for now.

------------------
80/82/83 minipickup. chev350, th350, toyota t-case. lock-rite front, lincoln in the back. 2 inch body lift, re-arched springs, rancho 5000's. dual exhaust, homemade box, dual tanks 33's since dp took my 35's, for now.oh yeah and four rusty rims.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Don't run the carb that it came with.
You can't lay an carb on it's side and shake it for a 1000 miles and expect it to run properly. All the sediment and crap lying in the float bowl will find it's way into all the small orifices.
You should run the other carb or rebuild the one that came with the motor.

------------------
75 FJ40, 4 inch BDS springs, 1inch body, 35's, detroit EZ locker, power steering, disc brakes, 3spd low range gears, full cage, XD9000i, extended shackles, dual batteries....you get the idea.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My orginal carb is on the engine but the engine is leaking major oil(since Tuesday it has gone threw over 4 litres)
Iam going to go through and do all the bolts up again tommorow and maybe I'll locate the leak.
Brett

------------------
85 Yota- 33 inch Thornbirds,3 inch trailmaster susp lift, smittybuilt bush bar,roll bar,8 offroad lights,insane pioneer stereo with 2 JL-10 inch subs in custom box,K&N air,new engine and of course a good'ol CB radio
-TRUCKS ARE MEANT TO BE RAISED NOT LOWERED

[This message has been edited by TOY CAPTAIN (edited February 15, 2002).]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts