BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by strong_like_tractor:
Since you're in the industry have you heard anything about Performance Machine in Tillbury on River Road? The shop is pretty empty (there was only one Fadal VMC on the floor), I heard from someone that they were thinking of moving to the US.
I've heard of them, but I havent heard anything about that. It doesnt suprise me though, there seems to be quite a bit of that lately. Two people I used to work with headed south in the last year, and I've thought about it myself but I dont really want to live in the US. I just finished Mastercam and I'm starting Gibbs next month so hopefully the market will pick up a bit and some new jobs will open up.

I cant seem to find the pics, but I'll take some more tommorow and get them up for you.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Originally posted by strong_like_tractor:
those are just stock shackles doubled up. Are you just using stock Chev springs or are they lift springs? Approx how much total rear lift did gain (spring + shackle flip)
Yah I used stock shackles and welded in some round steel stock for stops and used some poly for stop pads and welded on tabs so they cant over extend. Eye to eye they are about the same length as stock when compressed.

Currently I'm using the stock springs, and blocks out of the old Procomp IFS lift but I plan on getting some Skyjacker 5" lift springs. The rear sags about an inch right now, the lift springs will bring it up to where I want it and I can get rid of the blocks.

The shackle flip gave me 4" of lifts on my application. So right now I'm sitting around 8" of total lift in the rear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.