BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to change an automatic truck into a standard? Or would this be too much trouble. I have a complete setup out of my other bronco. But this truck dose not have the extra pedal to compress the clutch, So will it work or should i just keep the auto?

------------------
2 BRONCOS
10 TIRES
10 SHOCKS... U KNOW THE STORY?
I DONT.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Originally posted by BRONCO BUSTER:
Is it possible to change an automatic truck into a standard? Or would this be too much trouble. I have a complete setup out of my other bronco. But this truck dose not have the extra pedal to compress the clutch, So will it work or should i just keep the auto?
Just take the pedal box from your other truck, or, if its gone, go to the wrecker and get one from another standard Ford truck of that body style.

------------------
Drive fast, take chances!
-If you give a man fire he'll be warm for a day. If you set a man on fire
he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

[This message has been edited by Captain Air Time (edited January 11, 2001).]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by BRONCO BUSTER:
Are you sure you should be doing this????

·
Registered
15 Posts
its easy if u use a 84-87? bell housing with an external hydralic clutch slave cylinder.also need pedal, master cyl.and hyd. line.don't need to worry about linkage binding or body lifts:)

------------------
74 bronco 302np435np205
d44/9"4.10lockersndiscs35x9x16

·
Registered
15 Posts
Oh also i have stock pedal and linkage for EB that i got after i did my bellhousing swap

------------------
74 bronco 302np435np205
d44/9"4.10lockersndiscs35x9x16

1 - 5 of 5 Posts