BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have 77 Blazer that has a d44 up front and a 12 bolt in the rear.
I hope to run 38.5 or larger tires on it. I also have a 3/4 ton 10 bolt front axle and a 14 bolt rear axle. Is the 12 bolt going to be strong enough for the 38.5 or would it be a good idea to install the 3/4 ton axles?
I dont really want to run 16.5" rims and i don't want to gring the calipers to fit 15s. Is there any other way to run 15 on these axles?

Thanks
Doug

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
the Corp.10 bolt = D44 (for argument sake)
If you run a small enough off-set (3"?) on your 15"ers you don't gotta grind calipers. Don't know if it was for Ford/Chev or Dodge tho. Whats wrong with a lil caliper grinding??
Why wouldn't you go 3/4 ton running gear if ya already have it??
How much for the 14B ?? :D :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well the thing that is holding me back from running the 3/4 ton running gear right now is that my 12 bolt has new brake on it
and I want to stay with 15" rims. And for the moment the 14 bolt isn't for sale.

·
Registered
78 Posts
have d44 under my rig and 14ff in the rear. A little grinding on the caliper with the proper off set. That the only way to go. What gears??? Do you have the 38??? How much??

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Don't have the 38s yet. Thinking about going with the 38.5x14.5 TSL SX. the gears in the 14ff right now are something like 3.08s, so they definitely are going.I was think 4.56 with a locker or spool haven't decided yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Good luck finding 4.56 gears, You should consider 4.11, 4.10 gears they are more common

·
Registered
302 Posts
4.56 or 4.88 are a good ratio for 38.5 s dont run a spool run a locker spools wear out tires fast!! and swampers aint cheap

1 - 7 of 7 Posts