BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
considering swapping in some stronger axles to my 83, wanting to know who's done what and what works well. d60/ 44/ mog axles?

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im saving up for some 37 13 boggers, so it may start to become annoying breaking more parts

------------------

·
Registered
416 Posts
Your toy axles should be o.k with the 37 boggers.But if you have the money you might as well get the D60s instead of the D44s. The bigger the better.

------------------
86 4-runner 305,TH350,203,threelink front,6inch skyjacker rear.5.29s,lockers and more to come if I can save the money

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just buy a set of Longs birfields, they are guaranteed with free replacements for life. And apparently they are pretty tough.

Mike.

------------------
May sell my 85 Flat deck truck, email for details.

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
where can you get the longs birfields, how much are they?

------------------

·
Registered
412 Posts
Go to the pirate board and do a search there. They were recently tested on the hammers with 38's and held up fine. They are $115 US a side with cores.

Mike.

------------------
May sell my 85 Flat deck truck, email for details.

·
1,269 Posts
Sweet I gotta get me some of those. There's a guy here in Abby (don't know if he's on here or not) that's running 39.5's on stock toy axles. 5.29s will take care of 37s unless you're just planning on beating the everloving snot out of it everywhere

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have a rear Dana60 with 9" ends and disk brakes, 35 spline moser shafts in the rear. High pinion 44 up front with stock application shafts up front for a 62" width front and rear. Feel free to ask if you have any questions. Yea you can get by with the toy stuff but if you want some width you need to go elsewhere..

------------------
Brandon Miller
POR weblsave
www.pirate4x4.com
RCRC webmaster
www.RiverCityRockCrawlers.com

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.