BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
That was a great read, makes me want to hunt the hills for plane wrecks for sure. Reminds me of that crashed b52 they talk about around terrace country i think? I read something on that afew years back.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im having idea of maybe getting flown into widgeon and hiking up to the wreck. my boss figures its about an 8 hour hike from widgeon.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my boss is a pilot, he usually ends up flying over it at least once every year. he says theres lots of it there. engines, wings, fuselage. its all there just, umm, damaged haha.

·
Registered
976 Posts
there is one in maple ridge, the government cemented it over, bodys included, when u reach it, their is a plaque stating all the facts. it crashed in world war 1 or 2...

I lived in the air, but never made the hike, looking to gain information about it this summer

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is this the first "Broken arrow" incident? I watched a show the other day about a bomber that went down in BC carrying one of the first nuclear bombs. After it went down the US army or air force went in covertly and destroyed the wreckage with TNT which pretty much tore the thing up beyond recognition. No one knows what happened to the nuke that was on board, but there was one. I'm not sure if these are the same planes, it was USAF Bomber 075 though that went down with a nuke on board.

·
Registered
451 Posts
always fun finding old things like plane crashes, like the water bomber that went down on that small lake by lake cowichan on the island. went to that a few years back. just molten metal and scrap left of that one.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Is this the first "Broken arrow" incident? I watched a show the other day about a bomber that went down in BC carrying one of the first nuclear bombs. After it went down the US army or air force went in covertly and destroyed the wreckage with TNT which pretty much tore the thing up beyond recognition. No one knows what happened to the nuke that was on board, but there was one. I'm not sure if these are the same planes, it was USAF Bomber 075 though that went down with a nuke on board.
northern BC I beleive....

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
flew over the B-25 above widgeon today and had a better look at what the hike up to it from the lake would be like. LOTS of snow up up there still, the wreck is at approx 5000ft and all I could see from the air is under a foot of propeler blad sticking out and a peice of metal beside it otherwise nothing. considering the pics ive seen online of the wreckages theres alot of snow on it *L*.

someday it would be a cool trip but no way I would do it without getting flown into the lake first,

1 - 20 of 25 Posts