BC 4x4 Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Is this the first "Broken arrow" incident? I watched a show the other day about a bomber that went down in BC carrying one of the first nuclear bombs. After it went down the US army or air force went in covertly and destroyed the wreckage with TNT which pretty much tore the thing up beyond recognition. No one knows what happened to the nuke that was on board, but there was one. I'm not sure if these are the same planes, it was USAF Bomber 075 though that went down with a nuke on board.northern BC I beleive....
That aircraft is a Convair B-36, crashed in the Kispiox Mountains north east of Terrace. One of the helicopter operators in Terrace had an 8 foot long steel propellor blade, slightly bent, from the crash site and the rear gun turret with four 20mm cannons on it, looked mint sitting in his lobby at the hangar. I think most of the helicopter pilots in the area know where it is.

·
Registered
122 Posts
where's that? -other than dozens of miles away from widgeon lake, with two large lakes between?

According to the google earth program I was using that was in the mountains near Widgeon Lake, and the location of the wreck...maybe the program wasn't accurate :confused:

·
Registered
122 Posts
I haven't been to these forums in something like a decade. After googling my phone number, these forums came up, due to a wanted ad I placed many years ago. So, I returned to delete it.

While I'm here, I thought I'd check things out for some nostalgia. Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm sure all the veterans still hanging out will enjoy this one.

Cya in another 10? :coffee: If you want to ask any questions, you'll need to leave them on my youtube page, as I will probably not look here. Instagram links can also be found there.

Reactions: Zedbra
21 - 25 of 25 Posts