BC 4x4 Forums banner

Bad roads and an idiot cutting people off.

26K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  steve604 
#1 ·
I dunno if this is the right place to post this but I love posting pics soooooo :violin.
I was Coming back from Penticton about a week after new years when A guy cut me off n I tried to avoid taking out the whole drivers side of his car. Well I ended up loosing control when I found a patch of snow on the road. Put her through about 5 8x8 fence post n through a bunch of sagebrush n hit a few greasewood trees. Well the guy never stopped n the only witness was my buddy sitting next to me n ICBC wouldn't even talk to him so.

Anyway here's some pics of my old 90 dodge diesel 5 speed 4x4 LE.

How it looked before.

ICBC wrote it off so I bought this but I gotta pay em back over the next 5 years.

And uh one of my old truck with a buddy of mine who's also on here n goes by the name of Dumont.

See less See more
Reactions: 94sahara
#4 ·
Yeah so am I. I remember rolling up my window a few minutes before just to be sheilding my face with my arm incase any of the branches smashing off the window would break it. I coulda fixed it if I had a whole front clip and box side but all the crossmembers t-case back had shifted so I didn't want it after seeing that.

Thinking back if I had to relive it I woulda hit him.

#5 ·
I had full coverage so they paid me but my insurance is going through the roof now. Uhhh Icbc took it when they paid for it. Shoulda bought it back.

#7 ·
Sorry man. I have some odd parts what do you need? Got the aluminum bed rail caps n headache rack still.

#8 ·
that sucks man, icbc doesn't really seem to appreciate you avoiding an accident with another car

i had a guy turn right into a gas station from the left lane while i was travelling in the right lane. i hammered the brakes and steered into the curb which effectively killed my steering box and sprained my hand. i had a license plate number but no witnesses. icbc reluctantly covered my steering box and wheel alignment after finally contacting the other driver.... he was a new driver and couldn't tell icbc the same story twice.

after all of that hassle i wished i had just t-boned that mazda 3. there would have been no damage to my forestry bumper and i probably wouldn't have felt much in my 8000lb superduty.

#9 ·
that sucks man, icbc doesn't really seem to appreciate you avoiding an accident with another car

i had a guy turn right into a gas station from the left lane while i was travelling in the right lane. i hammered the brakes and steered into the curb which effectively killed my steering box and sprained my hand. i had a license plate number but no witnesses. icbc reluctantly covered my steering box and wheel alignment after finally contacting the other driver.... he was a new driver and couldn't tell icbc the same story twice.

after all of that hassle i wished i had just t-boned that mazda 3. there would have been no damage to my forestry bumper and i probably wouldn't have felt much in my 8000lb superduty.
Oh I know. Next time Imma hit ther person if it's not gonna look bad on me. Yeah you pay them through the teeth but they don't wanna give a cent back.

#14 ·
A couple of years ago, I was cut off by a Translink work van, I swerved to avoid smashing into the work truck (he would have done more damage to my F150). Instead on wet road, I slid into a dodge mini van. I crumpled the rear bumper, and caused $5000 worth of damage (according to ICBC). Anyways ICBC talked to the registered owner (company van), NOT the driver. The owner told ICBC there was no other vehicle involved, the Driver of the van saw the van cut me off (him & the woman he had with him stated as much). ICBC said to me, that the Driver said he had no passengers, and they didn't need to talk to the driver, as the company had talked to him, and supposedly got a written statement from him..

ICBC nailed me to the wall, I owe them $2700 a year for 3 years. I have been insuring my vehicles in my dad's name, because I can't afford $2700 a year :( I have been saving what I can, so I can pay them off instead.. There was next to nothing in the way of damage to my truck..

#16 ·
you can dispute the findings. You can also hire a lawyer. Not talking to witness even when they're not in the car is common for ICBC. Why they want to just declare what they want. It's an insurance company they don't want a no fault. They try and screw everyone if they can. You can dispute the findings. Under reasons you could simply be didn't talk to witness. You can also file a police report as well worth while doing that.

I had an accident were a car hit me the guy turned out to be high on cocaine. I manged to find all his drug dealers were he got his car fixed (he was doing a bump and rob) The owner of the company fired the guy that was fixing his car on the side he didn't want that crap coming out of his company because he is liable for what his workers do. It was cut people off slam on the brakes for 380 bucks cash I won't report it to ICBC. I reported it. I found out I knew who the passenger was in the car and she told me things about him. Aparently I scared the crap out of him by going to his drug dealers and going hey your not going to sell drugs to so an so anymore this is what happened and this is why. If you sell them to him then your screwing with me. They don't sell drugs to him at all not worth the pain in the rear I can be. Turns out I knew the kids of the drug dealer and went to school with them so (It was her father that sells drugs) I used to walk his daughter home because another kid was picking on her and I beat that kid up because the school couldn't do anything it's hands were tied. So I fixed the problem by stuffing the kid in a trash can till he stopped. You don't threaten and push a girl is the way I looked at it. So he went O wait that's you screw that guy then :p So he can't get his car fixed like he used to. He can't buy drugs. Then I fought ICBC for a full year wanting to take it to court I had piles of evidence that it was a scam. They just changed it to what I wanted it took lots of time and effort and in the end the amount of time I spent was more then what it would of cost me. He doesn't go around scaming people anymore so I fixed the problem..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.