This would have to be my worst "stuck"

·
Registered
708 Posts
yeah i would consider that stuck hehehe

·
Registered
303 Posts
I once got a sunrunner stuck with two wheels on solid ground. The other two were in an inch and a half of mud. If anybody's wondering, Michelin's mud/snow tires are quite possibly biased towards PAVEMENT!!! Although i think the open diffs might have had something to do with it.

·
Registered
268 Posts

the diesel dodge on 38s couldn't tow me out

so we hooked a toy on 40s to my truck and dan O towed HIM..we had a little toyota train going but it got me out.

yay!

stave is stupid. :D

·
Registered
303 Posts
So THAT'S what stave lake is like. Now that i've seen it, I have very little urge to visit there. (probably a good thing i figured that out before I went up there...)

·
Registered
268 Posts
i've actually been up 3 or 4 decent rock trails around stave lake, so i'm sure it's really not that bad. mud is a ****ing waste of time. those pics were from last year, i think. pre-dual cases.

·
Registered
303 Posts
How hard are they to find? also, how hard are the trails themselves?

·
Registered
268 Posts
the little stave-lake loop trail was probably 3/4 of a km long and it was pretty entertaining. tight and twisty, muddy and rocky. lots of trees. scary downhill part that claimed a couple of fenders, etc.

there's a nice little trail that takes you up to a lookout overlooking stave and allouette lakes.

also there's another one that leads into an old playground :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
saxonthebeach said:
So THAT'S what stave lake is like. Now that i've seen it, I have very little urge to visit there. (probably a good thing i figured that out before I went up there...)
I've spent 3 or 4 days in total around Stave and never saw or went near the mud. So don't write-off Stave just yet.
If your truck is slightly modified, just bigger tires type of thing, you can have lots of fun exploring the side roads up both the east and the west side.

On a clear day take a camera and drive to the very end of the road up the west side. You will end up, up a mountain with a $10,000 view of both Stave and Allouette lakes at the same time.
Be sure to take a tripod and get in the picture yourself, then send to picture to anyone you know back east. That'll burn them up.

$10,000 view

·
Registered
303 Posts
Sweet deal. (I have an ex-gf who lives in regina. Maybe I'll send her a copy!)

are these trails marked in my backroads mapbook? If I took a stock sammy, would i have any probs?

·
Registered
306 Posts
i have a better stuck that i can show... if someone will tell me how to = ( i went wheeling with some friends from kamloops last weekend and had water ALMOST to my handles, fried my amp and speakers i was sitting in the water... i had my 37 inch boggs on and i have 8 inches of suspension...

·
Registered
303 Posts
OH YEAH!! anyways, getting back on topic, I got the 89 sammy i drive so much high-centred in a puddle once. We'd run it a couple times, and i decided to get a little deeper, and take a line 6" or so more towards the middle of this 20' or 30' wide puddle. The Inside tired dropped over a shelf, and she settled with water up to the gas-cap.There were 3 of us in the car at the time, so after we realized that pushing and gassing wasn't working, buddy ran and got some long pieces of wood he saw lying 100 ft back, and we braced all 4 tires by see-sawing on them. The only problem was, the lightest one of us couldn't drive stick, and kept stalling it when we got any traction. Finally, after much cursing, and almost running over Cardo, I finally drove it out, soaked interior, and all. (only issue is, our camara got soaked in the adventure, so no pics)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts