BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a written notice concerning posting of "urban off roading areas" on this BB.

This BB is read by a very large amount of people. Some are friends and some are foes of 4wheeling. In the past it has been my belief that when the topic of the local mud puddle came up many on the board quickly came on board to urge the poster to find a more legit area to go wheeling. My belief is that this process was educational. However my view has changed on this subject now. With the large amount of readers this board has there exists the possibility that for every one person who's opinion was changed the directions were giving many others the idea to find that location. With the need for a positive image of 4 wheelers being more important now than ever before, we don't want this board to facilitate poor behaviour.

Obviously neither Larry or myself have the time to go out and find out if every local mud puddle that is posted is a legit location or not. My view is that the Greater Vancouver area is so developed now that the chance of an empty field or undeveloped area being a legit 4wheeling location is ZERO.

The new policy is to delete posts concerning these type of areas.

·
Registered
277 Posts

hey wil and lars I agree with you 100% and stand by you're right to add any and all rule of the road where bc4x4 is concerned and also agree with not allowing these empty lots and parking lot places to be posted we do not need anymore bad picture of the 4x4 community and we have way to many of them as it stands now

thanks
sean

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy
it's never let me down EVER or should i say until my wife drove in!!
remember what we go in with we must come out with even if it is just parts !!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Originally posted by jackpine:
I gotta agree with this stance as well. Its timely as well in my respect - recently a gentleman in his large pick up has taken to blasting through a grass covered empty lot across from the highrise building complex in which we both live (I don't know the guy personally). I'm sure the lot is slated for development at some point, but its very hacked up now. He ended up getting stuck the other day with no where to hook his winch to, and along a came a city engineer.

In any event, if the individual who has been using this particular lot as he personal stomping ground is on this board, please stop. It looks and sounds brutal in front of many residents of three high rise towers - not the best way to gain sentiment amongst the general population.

Just my 2 bits on the subject.

but you see you just gave everyone the location of where this place is and now you're going to have lot more of the noise in front of you're towers and I think this is what wil and lars don't want happening on this BBS you're best interest would be to revise you're post (with out the location)
and say you're peace just a thought
sean

------------------
[email protected]
81 toyo
not much but it's my toy
it's never let me down EVER or should i say until my wife drove in!!
remember what we go in with we must come out with even if it is just parts !!

[This message has been edited by udermind? (edited January 19, 2002).]

·
Registered
59 Posts
Fair enough Udermind, but maybe you should also delete your reply as my post was captioned in there.

So,a brief recap of my post since I deleted the original one:

I agree with the stance here on hacking up vacant land. A certain brown Ford pick up with certain skinny swampers has been using a certain open-grassy-lot for his own personal tire spinning pit. There are 3 highrise towers that look down on this lot and this particular activity is not helping to gain any sympathy from the general population in regards to our hobby. This particular lot is covered with small and large trees and grass and is about 1/2 an acre - not even remotely suited for mud bogging in any event.

If the individual who's been doing this is reading this post, please stop.

Just my 2 bits on the subject....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts