BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Rubicon!

Wouldn't that be an awfully large group to try to manage? I find more than a dozen trucks get kinda unruly.

------------------
88' 4Runner
SAS and a little bit of lift.
"All your Toyota are belong to me"
Member of the "Herd"

·
1,269 Posts
But how many hectic trails are there in the interior?

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
382 Posts
Im up for an interior trip I have taken an extra day off on all the long weekends this year. 1 day up 2 days wheelin 1 day back.
If anyone is up for some road/offraod trips this year during the long weekends let me know.

------------------
This 4x4 thing is starting to take away from my beer fund.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Just outa curiosity.....how long of a drive is it to Moab / Rubicon from Vancouver?? How many days is a person goin' to be drivin for?

------------------
'85 BroncoIII

·
1,269 Posts
The only thing that scares me about driving somewhere like the Rubicon is the drive back. That is, if there is a drive back at all.

------------------

·
Registered
281 Posts
Originally posted by Rogue Bronco:
Just outa curiosity.....how long of a drive is it to Moab / Rubicon from Vancouver?? How many days is a person goin' to be drivin for?
Moab took me about 18 hours driving time, but that would be a bit less if you could keep a full 70 mph or higher on the highways when climbing hills. Gotta love the higher speed limit.

I split that into three comfortable days, but could be done quite nicely in two. I find that six hours of actual driving time plus time for break, gas stops etc made for a good day. Ran into a couple people from richmond there that had shifted between three drivers and did it straight, and thats kinda nice since you would have more time actually there.

No idea about the rubicon, that won't be until summer 2003 once I've done some changes to the rig.

Hope that helps!

Ryan Gates
92 Sidekick

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was thinking that we could do this every 3 years or so and randomize were it would be the next time.

It would be a great way to meet the others from the forum.

The Interior has some great places to wheel,nothing super drastic, but some great scenery.

Maybe it could be done in conjunction with the host citie`s (whoever that may be?) local tourist event or something?

Maybe a particular club could host something.
Maybe get an RTI ramp,teeter totter setup,stuff like that, sort of a fun day.

Maybe we can get it to become an annual event that actually gets the BC area wheelers noticed. Maybe even as a national event?

Okay, guess its time to shut up, gettin way too carried away for my own good.

------------------
TOY`s Phoenix Gold Car Audio

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Yeah let's make it a world event...eh.
Just had to add that.

------------------
1997 TJ 4"lift. It's not what you drive, it's HOW you drive it.

G

·
Please keep us stock trucks in mind to eh! I know a few folks around these parts that might be interested in such a deal, stock or other wise

------------------
88, Stock IFS, and I like it

·
1,269 Posts
But let's not forget the not-so-stock rigs either.

------------------

·
Registered
583 Posts
Originally posted by Toyrantula:
I was thinking that we could do this every 3 years or so and randomize were it would be the next time.

It would be a great way to meet the others from the forum.

The Interior has some great places to wheel,nothing super drastic, but some great scenery.

Maybe it could be done in conjunction with the host citie`s (whoever that may be?) local tourist event or something?

Maybe a particular club could host something.
Maybe get an RTI ramp,teeter totter setup,stuff like that, sort of a fun day.

Maybe we can get it to become an annual event that actually gets the BC area wheelers noticed. Maybe even as a national event?

Okay, guess its time to shut up, gettin way too carried away for my own good.

These are good ideas. I'm definately in. I can't believe it's been almost 3 years since the KVR trip.
Time flies.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Burnaby, B.C.
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

I was going to go crazy but then I realized that I already have a summer home there.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey our area has lots of great trails and serious off road stuff. Plenty of burnt out husks in the bottom of them there valleys.

Seriously though there is some good rock crawls around here, a well used mud pit right on the Chute lake run, as well as some sand there.
Didn't make it myself last year but a buddy made the Christmas present run and said they had a 125+ trucks. more then a few had to hitch rides home that day.

Expedition wise we have been working on finding a full trail from Kelowna to Christian valley.

------------------
4x4pics

·
Registered
109 Posts
sounds good when where?

------------------
WORK WEEKENDS, ALL WEEK TO WHEEL WITH LESS CROWDS

·
Registered
382 Posts
Whats everyone doin may long???

------------------
This 4x4 thing is starting to take away from my beer fund.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts