BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you think it would be better to take the intro. course cause it covers a several types of welding or just only the Mig course is OK. My plan is to buy a Mig to practice with and build stuff with.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
dont listen to brent, he sucks at welding, took him the full 7 months to finish his c level, ppfftttt newb
What it took you 4 years for you to relise that you can't cut it as a welder and now are going to changes jobs. Wow are you ever stupid. And I finished my c a month earlly.

:). Xoxoxo

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Any course has got to be better than nothing. I don't know a lot about BC schooling, except it's hit and miss. As long as it seems like good learning for a good price. I had a Newfie helper that is still paying off a $18,000 student loan to some private school in Newfieland that told him he'd be a welder. We'll, he came out west and had to start from the bottom, and he couldn't answer simple Alberta 1st yr questions.

It's good to do a course, most people try and learn by themselves and cant seem to figure out why it wont work for them.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
Just read the course outlines. Both 30 hrs (not very much training there) and kinda pricey.

If you are only going to weld GMAW then take that one. The other one will fly through all the rest and you'll come out of there with a bunch of stuff in your head that you'll probably forget because you wont use it. It's handy stuff to know, but for the money, just do the mig course.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought about taking the course but thought I wouldn't get much out of it since it was only 3 1/2hrs long and cost $90. Anyone take the KMS course?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.