BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a shop in the Lower Mainland that is capable of bending Ford I-Beams correctly? Bringing them in from the 'States is just WAY too expesnive.
Erik

------------------

I'm on my way to impact, Taste the high speed dirt!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Try VanIngen Steel
They can bend just about anything....... As for what is correct though?
I would show up with a drawing.

------------------
1948 WILLYS flatfender/toyota
Soon to require a Mile -per - year speedometer http://www.ottindustries.com

[This message has been edited by ChrisOlson (edited July 04, 2001).]

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by Captain Air Time:
Is there a shop in the Lower Mainland that is capable of bending Ford I-Beams correctly? Bringing them in from the 'States is just WAY too expesnive.
Erik

There is an alignment shop in Mt. Vernon that has some old boys and equipment for tweaking them anyway you want. Then just drive home

------------------
FearMe is only for fun, my real name is Roger and I'm a smartassed punk----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

·
Registered
228 Posts
Dave at T&S Suspension in Lanley begs me to let him bend mine before I did the SAS. He's never done it, but has hung out with the Baja crowd for years and apparently knows his stuff.

Just an idea.

Cheers
Dale

------------------
1992 Ford Exploder
6" lift, solid Dana44, 33's

"Soccer mom's car on 'roids"

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by tiessen:
Dave at T&S Suspension in Lanley begs me to let him bend mine before I did the SAS. He's never done it, but has hung out with the Baja crowd for years and apparently knows his stuff.

Just an idea.

Cheers
Dale
Excellent! They are about 1/2 mile from where I work
I'll stop by tomorrow afternoon and see what he has to say!
thanx
Erik

------------------

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by tiessen:

Just an idea.

Cheers
Dale
Well, I tried, but they don't have a clue there, like most places. Says the most that can be done (they send it out) is about 2 degrees of camber. that's not going to do much for me with 4" lift coils! We're talking probably 8 to 10* or so? I dunno, I'm just guessing. I'm open to more ideas. I may have to resort to fabricating my own I beams, something I'd rather not do, tho its cheaper than importing...

------------------

·
Registered
302 Posts
Don't forget about the Camber bushing ... most stock ones are set 0* so with 2* bent in, and aftermarket adjustable bushings you may be able to get close ... may be worth checkin out ( me I'm going SAS tho) ... just my $0.02
dave

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Now if only I could find somebody to bend my radius arms for me.

------------------
Dan
91 Cherokee, mostly stock.
69 F100 mostly modified.
72 Datsun 510, mostly Bondo.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Rockfrog:
Don't forget about the Camber bushing ... most stock ones are set 0* so with 2* bent in, and aftermarket adjustable bushings you may be able to get close ... may be worth checkin out ( me I'm going SAS tho) ... just my $0.02
dave
SAS? what front do you have now? 2x or 4x? I'd like to find a cheap D35, if you are taking one out...

------------------

·
Registered
302 Posts
It's a fullsize '81 Bronco D44 TTB. wanna toss a 77-79 D44 solid under it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts