BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d like to join a club to fight trail closures, learn more about trucks and mods and meet some like minded people. I know that there are several options in the Lower mainland, what clubs are people having a positive experience with?

:)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Attend some runs and meetings. You'll know better than anyone, what suits your needs and personality.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Join the Four wheel Drive Asociation of B.C.
Come to their meetings, where you will be able to meet representatives from many other clubs and it will be much easier to get into the scene.

http://4wdabc.ca

·
Registered
192 Posts
You have my vote for the 4wdabc. Then pick a club.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Yup. Definately join the 4WDABC first. They are the mail people in BC that are fighting trial closures. As for which club to join....I would say the best thing to do is go to the meetings and runs of some different clubs and get to know the members a bit and then decide what club best fits you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
THE ALLTERRAINERS pretty good bunch of people there.
they also have a web site with a message board too allterrainers.com check it out

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yup 4wdabc, a must of all bc 4x'ers... and as for a club.. hmmm.. heard "Mischeif 4x4" is accepting new members.. :D .. yea rite..

·
Registered
192 Posts
Btw, "as of July 1st, new member dues are $15" for the 4wdabc. Nobody has updated the site yet.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Of course there are a lot of clubs out there that don't/won't come out to 4wdabc meetings that you wont meet unless you happen to bump into them on the trail.

My opinion is the 4wdabc is a good thing, giving the 4wd community a collective voice to help fight for what we believe in. Its a shame not everyone thinks the same thing, ten different goups of only a few people cannot make the same impact as hundreds of members of one single asociation can on these issues.

So, everyone, come out to the next meeting, July 16, 7:30 PM Ricky's Restaurant, Fraser Highway and 152 st.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts