BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what clutch I should through in a 1981 toyota for 4x4in? Is it worth spending the extra coin for a high end one?
What is the cost around on them?

------------------
to be old and wise, you first must be young and stupid

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
centerforce 2 or three
you will go through so many more clutches especially if you have big tires and tiny gears. the III goes for about 400, well worth it.

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/22re swap/11 inch lift/5:29/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

·
Registered
453 Posts
I loved the 2 in my toyota, i had an 81 with 33' and at one point 36's and the 2 was good, but the three with my 33's grabbed really hard, almost like it had no slippage only engaged and disengaged, which made the lack of power my 22r with a header and cam had really show up??? I'd say go for the two

------------------
1985 K5 Blazer Fully Stock even gay 235r15 tires. On the way 4in susp 3in body 35's extensive engine build up and new camo paint

·
Registered
416 Posts
I had the Centerforce Dual Friction and it worked great.Would recomend getting one of them.

------------------
"Born and Bred To Rip and Shred"

·
1,269 Posts
I have a 2, and wish that I had gotten the 3, which is only about 30 bucks more expensive.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have heard lots of pissing and moaning about the centreforce clutches on pirate4x4. I hear the toyota factory "heavy duty" clutch is best all around for wheeling and price.

just what I have heard though.

·
hey, watch this!!!
1,600 Posts
i have callens old centerforce and love it

------------------
i didnt break it, i was just testing its durability

83 toyota SB/22re swap/11 inch lift/5:29/33x12.5/centerforceIII/American Racing rims/smittys front and rear/89 4runner seats lots of chrome and a flexible rear window

·
Registered
37 Posts
I've been running the CFIII for well over 3 years now. It performs flawlesly<sp?>. I can/have abused it more than I care to admit...do ya think I could cook it?? Not if I tried.

I paid $340 for mine...someone here just got quote for $323 on it as well.

Be prepared to eat clutch masters/slaves with the III tho; about every 6 month's, if yer lucky.

------------------
Keith (aka RedApe)
82 Toy
http://www.island4x4.com
Victoria BC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts