BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best motor to swap into my 86runner? i do lots of wheeling, a little bite of every type of terrian. 305 chev v8, 5.ol mustang v8, 4.3 chev v6, new v6 toy? i have herd lots of talk about motors and i will be replacing mine soon. i do NOT what to keep the 4 cyl!! what do you guys think?

·
Registered
144 Posts
One word: diesel!

------------------
470,800 and rising
I am the black cloud of somke that flies by at 3500rpm!
(Please note diesel smoke is dangerous so lay off the throttle!)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Go with a Chevy be it an 350,305,4.3.There is a couple of motors in the Capital News paper.

------------------
86 4-runner 305,TH350,203,threelink front,6inch skyjacker rear.5.29s,lockers and more to come if I can save the money

·
Registered
412 Posts
I think you'd probably find the most info on the 4.3 but the supra swap is a nice option since it bolts up from what I read.

Mike

------------------
May sell my 85 Flat deck truck, email for details.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ya the Supra motor has gobs of torque too, because it's a large inline six. Gobs of low end torque is just what you need.

------------------
93' x-tra cab. I hate my IFS. Ya I know your rig is better than mine.

·
Registered
83 Posts
How about the 350 I told you about? It will put out way more low end torque than any supra engine and goes in really easy. Won't cost you anything!! Swap for tires?? Wade

------------------
if it ain't broke, you don't go hard enough!

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i figured there were a few diffrent opions. yes wade i'm thinking about it, you have mail. deisel in a runner, what kind of torque do those put out? i think i would go for deisel if it was a cummins or a power smoke. not in my runner, sorry man

·
Registered
144 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
mudrunner, I've been trying to send you mail about the motor but my server seems to be down at the moment (or should I say the last two days) If you would like, phone me
1-888-290-3388 (days)
(250)833-1131 (eves)
Talk to you soon, Wade

------------------
if it ain't broke, you don't go hard enough!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts