BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what would be a better standard transmision to put in to a 88 Ford Bronco. Is the NP435 the right choice as would like to put in a NP 205 transfer case in as the stock keeps breaking on me.

------------------
77 F250 w/35 BFG MT
88 Bronco Eddie Bauer w31 Big O MT's

·
Registered
134 Posts
Originally posted by kenny:
I was wondering what would be a better standard transmision to put in to a 88 Ford Bronco. Is the NP435 the right choice as would like to put in a NP 205 transfer case in as the stock keeps breaking on me.

Thats the combination. NP435/205 and you'll break everything else but not those two.

------------------
FearMe is only for fun, my real name is Roger and I'm a smartassed punk----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know this compenation is bomb proof. What I was wondering is there any other options and what is ther drive ability. The NP435 drives like a big truck which I do not mind but I was just checking on my options.

------------------
77 F250 w/35 BFG MT

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Well your options are pretty much 435, T-18, or of course the NV4500.
If you're like me and the NV4500 is out of your league, then you have two choices.

I've driven both, and have owned both. I like the shift patern of the 435 better, it feels more solid to me. Gearing is pretty much equivalent between the two.

------------------
Dan
-91 Cherokee, 4.5" lift, 33x12.5's
-69 Ford, lots of lift, 38.5's

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have one question, how the heck do you keep breaking transfercases with 31's and i am assuming a stock motor?????????
i have a 208 in my bronco, and 33's and i run the bag off that truck, never had a problem and its a 81, all origional, my friend mike has a 90 something bronco with 35 swampers and 15 inches wide, no complaints from him?
whats with that?....anyways np435/np205 is ann awesome combo...or is this the tranny you are breaking?...still can't see it..oh well

------------------
77 f250 460 4 spd, 60's f&r, 38 swampers

·
Registered
134 Posts
I know this compenation is bomb proof. What I was wondering is there any other options and what is ther drive ability. The NP435 drives like a big truck which I do not mind but I was just checking on my options.

For better driveablity nad an equally bulletproof combination you can use a C6/205. I've changed from 435/Dana20 to a C6/Atlas II just for that reason. Driving on the pavement will not be like driving a truck and in the rock's being able to use only two pedal's (gas adn brake) will be great. No more riding clutches, brake to clutch to brake. The auto will be a much better cushion to the drivetrain helping eliminate breakage.

------------------
FearMe is only for fun, my real name is Roger and I'm a smartassed punk----"Fifteen men on a dead man's chest..yo-ho-ho and a bottle of rum"

[This message has been edited by FearMe (edited April 12, 2001).]

·
Registered
583 Posts
Originally posted by d stuart:
i have one question, how the heck do you keep breaking transfercases with 31's and i am assuming a stock motor?????????
To understand that you have to know how Tracy drives. He's a maniac.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by Paul:
To understand that you have to know how Tracy drives. He's a maniac.

See Paul knows me well. I can not seem to keep all four tires on the ground sometimes none of them are on the ground. It also seems that someone must of poured alot of leed into my foot as it seems to have a hard staying of the floor board

------------------
77 F250 w/35 BFG MT

·
Registered
583 Posts
It also seems that someone must have poured alot of lead into my foot as it seems to have a hard staying off the floor board.

That's your big floppy clown shoes causing that.

------------------
Paul Gagnon
Calgary, Alberta
"No Brain, No Pain"
A page from my book.

[This message has been edited by Paul (edited April 13, 2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts