BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2wd GMC 1/2ton w/3" susp Fabtech Lift.
I've gotten my answers about 2 tires I suggested earlier...
Pirelli or Bridgestone(s).
I really need new tires so what about BFG's...
TA's or MT's?
If the majority of my driving will be intown, and h/way but
occasional roadin' @ my ranch on weekends, which one will
be best utilized to it's fullest potential? TA's or MT's...I'm also
looking for an aggressive look to compliment my truck...
Will welcome all comments...THANX!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
For a 2wd vehicle I suggest swampers.

I really like my bfg mt's for all around driving. I put 3000k a month on them of which probably 95 percent of is getting to work everyday but I would rather have swampers if I could afford them.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Texas is pretty dry, isn't it? You won't have a problem with BFG MT's on the road, they're a pretty tame tire when it comes to road manners. The woosh of air you hear when the window's down kinda makes you feel tough anyhow ;) It'll certainly be better than any of the all terrain tires you've mentioned so far when it comes to off-road application. As far as aggressive styling goes, you won't find an AT that comes close.

That being said, I ride on Goodyear MT/R's.

·
Registered
453 Posts
DON'T BUY BFG A/T'S!!!!!!!! they suck, i could care less about what anyone else has to say about them, i've had 2 sets the first seperated and the second i had a blowout on highway after they were 6 months old, not to mention that they suck in mud and are good for looks and that's about it. I should have some pics developed on sunday and i could show you how crappy they work in mud as my friends 85 4x4 shortbox chev is stuck up to it's bumpers and 2 min before he got stuck we have a pic of my blazer bombin through the samehole(he was folloing my tracks) and i run el cheapo mud terrains and i smoke his truck everywhere. get the muds for sure

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
BFG MTs.

If you need better rain handling get them siped.
I run siped BFG MTs all year round with no problems. The ones I have are on their 3rd vehicle and have somewhere in the neighborhood of 70,000 km on them. They will easily last another 10,000 km.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Just thought I'd point out that there's a black toyota on my street with 33" BFG AT's on my street and I shed a tear for him each day when I drive by it. From the side, those are some pretty weak looking tires. Honestly, if you want something chunky that still performs AWESOME on the road, get Goodyear MT/R's. Then again, you'll have to buy a second wallet, the first one probably won't cut it ;)

·
Registered
387 Posts
well i'am on my 2nd set of bfg muds and the new ones are the best all around tire i have ever driven on. i would highly recommend the new bfg km mud terrian. they look awsome good price, and i'm on track for over 60 000km's witck is really good for a mud terrian.
my vote is for the bfg KM!!!
make sure it is the new one's!
my 2 cents
ps goodyear is to $$$

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
I agree , get some MT's, they work well and are durable.
However I had a set of AT's, and I went everywhere with them. They worked well on rocks and way better in rain or snow, but not as well in mud.
I went to the MT's and found they provide more mud traction, but not really any more in the rocks or dry conditions.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts