BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 95 PSD 4x4 supercab that we use for hauling horses. Now this truck does very little off road but at the horse shows we are frequently parked in wet fields and we SINK and regular all season tires don't cut it, but with the number of highway miles and the rain up here, I won't use mud terrains on this truck. Anyway I'm looking at the BFG all-terrains or the Wrangler AT/S both 235/85-16 (about 32") load range E. I have had the BFG's before and liked them alot unfortunately the truck was destroyed before the tires wore out so I don't know how long they would have lasted. The Goodyears I know nothing about, but they seem like a good tire for my use. Does anyone have any comments about these tires, and any others that might work for me? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
it really dapends on what type of driver you are. My dad has a set of at's on his 02' psd and the truck has soo much torque that it wears the rear rubber out quick. He uses the truck on the highway, and to haul a 5 horse trailer... about 33,000km and the tires are at 50%.

Jay

·
Registered
453 Posts
my vote says GOODYEAR!!! had a customer get 100,000km's on his before trading them in at 30% tread all highway driving and very good rotation every 3-4000km's

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
If you can fit 33" goodyear AT/S's under there, I may know of someone who's selling them, pretty much brand new.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the offer Baby Joe but I don't want to change the gearing on this rig at all and this trucks main function is for hauling the horse trailer so I don't want a height change either.
How come those tires are up for sale anyway?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I would say Goodyears will last longer but usually are more expensive as well.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Go Goodyear I believe they have the 3 for the price of 4 deal at fountian tire right now.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
A friend of mine runs BFG's on his 91 Dodge Cummins, and he complains about them wearing out due to the torque. I would imagine it would be the same with a Powerstroke.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts