BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are a few cruisers from B.C registered for the event in South Dakota, and a few from Alberta as well.
Here is the update.
The event will still be held.
Due to fire concerns NO trail rides will take place.
The club is planning poker runs and cave tours ect for those who still wish to attend.
They will give refunds until the 20th of july.
This is bad news as I was planning my holiday around this, oh well.:(

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
That's a shame! A bunch of us attended the BH4Wheelers Dakota Territory Challenge 4 yrs ago and the trails down there are incredible. They don't get the press that the California trails do but it's better that way. If I remember correctly they had to cancel DTC a couple of years ago also because of fire hazard.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually the event cancelled was the dakota territory challenge, hosted by the black hills four wheelers.
This is the first time the BHCC has been cancelled.
This would have been my 4th trip, I really wanted to try out my sm420 swap on those trails!
Wheeling in SK is nil, you boys out west don't know how lucky you are.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
That's what I said, DTC got cancelled. At any rate we don't have anything even remotely close to the type of wheeling they have in South Dakota. I would gladly give up what we have for a shorter drive to the trails in South Dakota.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops, sorry Wil, I didn't read that right.
Anyway, I thought that B.C was Canada's 4x4 playground. From the pics I've seen in mags anyways. Unless that's mainly from the island.

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
BC has great outdoors but it isn't a hardcore rockcrawling heaven at all. Sooke on Vancouver Island is a lot of fun but we don't have access to anything remotely as good as the trails in South Dakota. Some of our trails have good sections but not the continuous beating you get in SD.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts