BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
being small is not an option. body lift is an option that i would like to stay away from.....but could do if neccessary, whats the best way to lift 'er to the sky? i am looking to go 35+ tires wise. i have cj springs for the front...guess i could just add some leafs in there? then chev springs with added leafs in the back? then big arse shocks? i see some guys on here with great lifted yotas, what did you guys do?

·
Registered
453 Posts
My toyota was an 81 with pro comp 4 in spring lift and trailmaster 3 in body lift, i was running 35 tsl's until the springs destructed from numerous jumps?? then i went to 33 in marshals?? it looked sweet at 7in combined and 35's as well as being very functional. or go big with the pro comp 7 in lift and 35's???

------------------
1985 K5 Blazer Fully Stock even gay 235r15 tires. On the way 4in susp 3in body 35's extensive engine build up and new camo paint

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these lifts, do they include springs and shocks? and how much do they cost? seems to me like they would be pretty expensive. and how much did the body lift cost, while you are at it? thanks.

·
Registered
453 Posts
body lift 3 in is around $130 but you van make one outta 3 in squar steel piping for cheap, and the lift costs vary depending onkit and what's included, call NSOR and they'll quote you on anything you'll need.

------------------
1985 K5 Blazer Fully Stock even gay 235r15 tires. On the way 4in susp 3in body 35's extensive engine build up and new camo paint

·
Registered
223 Posts
6" superlift springs, 3" blocks in rear, 3" rear add-a-leaf in the front, and longer shacles (2 5/8" longer than stock, gives 1 1/4" lift)
adds up to about 10"

------------------
now with buggy springs

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Mudhucker:
call NSOR and they'll quote you on anything you'll need.

ok i know i can't do anything on my own. couldn't find the #....anyone know it?? thanks

·
Superfly
2,140 Posts
http://www.nsor.com

Shoot them an email from their site for the parts you are looking for, or if you call make sure you say you are an internet customer.

·
Registered
84 Posts
6" skyjacker springs, lift shacles in the front,and crazy ass custom lift shackles in the rear = plenty of room for 35's or bigger, I plan on going with 38's soon(hopefully)

------------------
Take my woman,take my dog,but leave my truck alone.

·
Registered
56 Posts
If your truck is an 83 or older I have one word for you. sawzall!. Keep in mind that lifting to the sky while looking very trick and mean also brings you that much closer to rolling (I know) also tall springs give a rough ride and decrease your flex. just my opinion though

------------------
wheels, passenger side, roof, drivers side, wheels. am I broken? no . that was fun!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by wheezy:
6" skyjacker springs, lift shacles in the front,and crazy ass custom lift shackles in the rear = plenty of room for 35's or bigger, I plan on going with 38's soon(hopefully)

what kind of shocks do you run with that?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wasn't joking. A sawzall is just a freakin huge jig-saw(saber-saw). That is what I used to cut my rear fender openings to clear for tires. it is a lot easier to do with a pre 84 because of the round wheel openings and you dont have to do a thing with the fronts beacuse I think that they can fit something like 38's with no lift(correct me if I am wrong). and if you want to get really fancy you can get some bushwacker flares. If I were ytou and wanting to run 35+ inchers I would do the chevy spring conversion on the rear and get some 2-3 inch springs up front. do a little body work and end up with a stable flexy truck. As fun as rolling your truck is it is a lot of work afterwards. just my $00.02.

------------------
wheels, passenger side, roof, drivers side, wheels. am I broken? no . that was fun!

·
Registered
223 Posts
I had a 82 and a buddy had a 80 and 33s fit with no lift, with 4" lift srings, longer shackles and a bunch o hacking, I just fit balding 39.5" swampers. Looked sweet.

------------------
now with buggy springs

·
Registered
574 Posts
Originally posted by Scooter:
being small is not an option. body lift is an option that i would like to stay away from.....but could do if neccessary, whats the best way to lift 'er to the sky? i am looking to go 35+ tires wise. i have cj springs for the front...guess i could just add some leafs in there? then chev springs with added leafs in the back? then big arse shocks? i see some guys on here with great lifted yotas, what did you guys do?
Try TLC Off Road in Burnaby.The guy was really helpful and his prices were a lot cheaper than most.Toyota rear springs are crap(my opinion) so stay away from rear blocks.If your going to buy shocks seperately you may as well modify the rear mounts. Find the centre of the tube that the shocks bolt to and drill a few holes an equal distance on either side of center. Put some long bolts through and put 2 nuts on each, 1 to hold the bolt tight to the tube, and 1 nut to hold the shock on.While your at it you may as well do a u-bolt reversal and re-locate the shock mounts. I regret not doing this with my lift because it wouldnt have cost much more,and wouldnt have taken much more time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
if you make your own body lift it is illegal and will not pass a VI .. but is definatly cheaper
Originally posted by Mudhucker:
body lift 3 in is around $130 but you van make one outta 3 in squar steel piping for cheap, and the lift costs vary depending onkit and what's included, call NSOR and they'll quote you on anything you'll need.

------------------
SOLD!!!!!!
81 bronco, 35" mud kings, 6 inch lift , 1 inch body lift,ALARM, cb.
8000lb warn winch.
OH DID I MENSION I HAVE AN alarm!?
<NOW SPORTIN A CHEVY> <BeCaUsE Im SiLlY lIkE tHaT!!!>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.