BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering some new tires for my 88 4X4 and am looking into Big O Big Foot MT's. Just checking on the opinion of others who may have run these tires. Thanks.

·
1,269 Posts
Never run them but the warranty alone makes them worth it.

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
222 Posts
Get the bfg's from Costco if you want warranty. While you don't get total replacement you do get a better tire for less money.

·
Registered
133 Posts
got my bfg`s muds at costco,$1100.00 35/12.5/15 mounted and balanced, life time warranty inclueds rotation balancing and road hazzard I would have to find the reciept to see what else if any.

------------------
85 SR5 4 runner, 7"sup,2" body, 35"BFG muds,5:29, wide track rear, vented rotor conversion, and no place to go.

G

·
Both my brother and I run the M/T's. They are a deadly tire in all conditions. Wet roads they stick good, and I was impressed with the way they bite in the snow. In the mud you just spin'em a bit and they clean easily. There's a guy running them on his Sammi, he says they are choice on the trails and even better since he siped 'em.
I drive lots on street and they are pretty quiet and seem to wear good.
Got nothing bad to say about them except the price being so high, but I thought the warrenty made up for it.

·
Registered
802 Posts
This topic has been covered numerous times. Most of the Toyotas I 'wheel with run Big-O's; they work great. We've gone through several sets under warranty; there's nothing like taking a chunked, sliced, worn-out tire with a big hole in the sidewall into the dealer, and walking out with a brand new tire, mounted and balanced, with no cash outlay.

------------------
Greg Sue
85 Toyota X-cab
http://media-north.com/4wd/

·
1,269 Posts
How does that work with the lockers Greg? If you punctured one tire that was at say 50%, you're going to replace it with a tire that's at 100%? ..Or is that within acceptable range for a locker to handle?

------------------
'86 Toyscrota, currently in too many parts to count.
"Pushing the limits of duct tape and zap straps every day."

·
Registered
387 Posts
i was at cosco today, for a set of 4 33x1250x15 bfg km's 970bucks!!!! thats tax in drive away price!!!! i will be buying some of those in the next couple weeks

·
Registered
21 Posts
I had TSL swampers
and now have bfg muds
when you get in the mud you will wish you had swamperrs
the BFG's just don't clear the mud
Norm

·
Registered
37 Posts
http://www.island4x4.com/4x4tech/tires/bigoxt/bigoxt.html
I've posted this link before...but I'll add to it.

Been running the XT's for a year now. Although not as "aggressive" as the MT, it's still a fantastic tire. Haven't had need to replace/make use of warranty yet. Clean great in thick mud, and are great in deep snow. Very happy with them...

------------------
Keith (aka RedApe)
82 Toy
http://www.island4x4.com
Victoria BC

·
Registered
83 Posts
You cannot beat the warranty of a Big O ANYWHERE. They are awesome. If I ran anything but a swamper, it would be a Big O MT. Buy them without worries.

------------------
if it ain't broke, you don't go hard enough!

·
Registered
352 Posts
I have already gone through a set of their 33`s. Did find that hard use at 3 pounds of pressure tends to break the belts on the inside of the tire. Had that happen twice.

Hasn`t happened since the newer set was put on. They told me the rubber compound and belting has been changed.

They are a great tire for my Toy, never really let me down yet.

Did get them siped at Kal Tire and they are now friggin awesome. Traction is drastically improved. They wear really well, are not to noisy.

Best part is the warranty. Right down to 2/32" they are covered.There are limitations on the warranty, so check that carefully.

------------------
TOY`s Phoenix Gold Car Audio

·
Registered
229 Posts
Originally posted by Toyrantula:

Did get them siped at Kal Tire and they are now friggin awesome. Traction is drastically improved. They wear really well, are not to noisy.

Best part is the warranty. Right down to 2/32" they are covered.There are limitations on the warranty, so check that carefully.

Does gettign them sipped affect the warranty?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hey Mudrunner, was that price with mount and balance after taxes?

------------------
91' Yoti with the Son of the Devil screaming at you from behind the wheel!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Originally posted by Big Bad Pete:
How does that work with the lockers Greg? If you punctured one tire that was at say 50%, you're going to replace it with a tire that's at 100%? ..Or is that within acceptable range for a locker to handle?
Works great.

------------------
Greg Sue
85 Toyota X-cab
http://media-north.com/4wd/

·
Registered
78 Posts
i run wild country txr 33's.Awesome warranty,full road hazard but prorated.best of all $795 all taxes in,drive away price!!Check em out at www.lesschwab.com

1 - 18 of 18 Posts