BC 4x4 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 81 CJ-7 and i have added a dana 60 rear and 44 front....All the wheels have disk brakes and i think that my master cylinder too small....when i put my foot on the brakes it goes right to the floor...but if i pump it very quickly i will get a bit of braking power....Does anyone know of a master cylinder that i can just replace that will work?

Thanks

Ken

------------------
81 CJ7 35's, chevy 350, 320 horse

·
Registered
6 Posts
Are you starting off with a power brake setup, or are you trying to go from a manual to a power brake setup?

I'm interested in answers to your question because I am planning to put a Dana 60 front and a Corporate 14 Bolt rear into my '81, and I want to change from a manual brake to power brake setup while I'm at it. If you find a solution somewhere else than here, can you let me know?

Thanks to everyone,
Mark

·
Registered
397 Posts
The '79 Firebird M/C is supposed to be the hot ticket for upgrading a CJ with 4-wheel disks. I don't have any personal experience with it, but that's what I've read time and time again on other lists.

You might want to pick up a rebuilt and see whether it'll bolt on (it should). Worst that could happens is that you'll have to return it...

Chris

------------------
See my Jeep's website:
www.bc4x4.com/chrisw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.